CureZone   Log On   Join
UP date on my progress with Goldenseal

Clark Bowel Cleanse
Dr. Hulda Clark’s Bowel Program (Intestinal Cleanse). Pure product...

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

Holistic Health Invention Will Change Your Life !
The Tesla Shield™. Transformational ...

Hulda Clark cleanses
Wormwood, Clove, Clarkia, Turmeric, Epsom Salt, Uva Ursi, Goldenr...

Clark Bowel Cleanse

Natural Cancer Remedies

Hulda Clark cleanses

Clark Bowel Cleanse

Natural Cancer Remedies

Hulda Clark cleanses

Clark Bowel Cleanse

Natural Cancer Remedies

Hulda Clark cleanses

LPN12345 Views: 12,648
Published: 11 years ago

UP date on my progress with Goldenseal

Hello curezone;

It's been a while since I last visited the forum, I just thought I would take a minute to update my progress. I am continuing my regime occassionally, I had been using the goldenseal/cayenne on and off because we have had lots of cases of people with the H1N1 virus at the hospital and I was using it once a day  along with vitamin D3 because I didn't want to catch anything since I didn't get the flu shot at work. I had recently ate some noodles with the strong beef powder and I seem to have had a reaction, I had also used the chicken flavoring with it and I had a bit of odor (it wasn't fecal) so I know to stay away from strong beef powders especially since it contains soy. I found that I cannot drink pure soda (I have to dilute it with water) I think it's because of the acid because I had problems with acid reflux in the past.

The smell has since gone but I am no longer using the the Protonix for my stomach so I am ordering the regular golden seal (with out cayenne pepper) However I find that I am able to eat stuff like chocolate and other foods with no problem. (but I'm not over doing it because I don't want the fecal smell to come back)Someone mentioned to me that the Cayenne can make my stomach more sensitive to things. Other than that I am doing fine and still doing my classes. Don't forget Goldenseal is also available in teas.

For anyone taking the goldenseal I would recommend using a probiotic or two afterwards.  The reason being is that Goldenseal is like an anibiotic  and most antibiotics usually remove good bacteria from the stomach,but I have been using a probiotic while taking my GS or you can use a multiple vitamin ect... Whatever works for you.  I found some info about goldenseal at GNC site that I copied down below for others, I hope it helps.  

I don't know how long  my on and off GS  therapy will take  but as long as I have digestive issues I may be doing this off and on in the  long run. I will just eliminate foods that don't work for the time being.  I realize I had this problem for over 20 years but I'm not complaining. The probiotic I listed in the forum does work.  For those interested it can be found at http://www.healthherbs.com/search.php?q=acidophilus&x=45&y=14  It's better to call them and order, If you order on Friday you may get your product on Wednesday or Thursday,because they ship USPS Priority.   I will start my digestive enzymes again I had actually stopped taking them but now I will take them for the entire breaking down of the foods. Until then I will continue to keep you all posted.

One way you can tell if your probiotics are working is if  the smell goes away from the breath first, if your BB stops while taking probiotics then you know that your probiotics are working.  For those who have been emailing me I'm sorry for the late responses but I will answer them,Keep the faith and have a blessed holiday, God bless.

GOLDENSEAL:
Other Names: Chinese Goldenseal, Eye Balm, Eye Root, Goldenroot, Goldsiegel, Ground Raspberry, Indian Dye, Indian Plant, Indian Tumeric, Jaundice Root, Orange Root, Sceau D'Or, Turmeric Root, Warnera, Wild Curcuma, Yellow Indian Paint, Yellow Puccoon, Yellow...
See All NamesChinese Goldenseal, Eye Balm, Eye Root, Goldenroot, Goldsiegel, Ground Raspberry, Indian Dye, Indian Plant, Indian Tumeric, Jaundice Root, Orange Root, Sceau D'Or, Turmeric Root, Warnera, Wild Curcuma, Yellow Indian Paint, Yellow Puccoon, Yellow Root, Hydrastis Canadensis.
Hide Names

Review this Treatment 1 User ReviewsSee Brand Products
GOLDENSEAL Overview Information
Goldenseal is an herb. The dried root is used to make medicine.

Goldenseal is used for many conditions.

Goldenseal is also used for the common cold and other upper respiratory tract infections, as well as stuffy nose and hay fever. Some people use goldenseal for digestive disorders including stomach pain and swelling (gastritis), peptic ulcers, colitis, diarrhea, constipation, hemorrhoids, and intestinal gas.

Goldenseal is used for urinary tract infections (UTIs), internal bleeding, bleeding after childbirth, liver disorders, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), jaundice, gonorrhea, fever, pneumonia, malaria, whooping cough, and an eating disorder called anorexia.

Women use goldenseal for vaginal pain and swelling and menstrual period problems.

Goldenseal is applied to the skin for rashes, ulcers, wound infections, itching, eczema, acne, dandruff, ringworm, herpes blisters, and cold sores. It is used as a mouthwash for sore gums and mouth.

Some people use goldenseal as an eyewash for eye inflammation and eye infections called conjunctivitis, or “pink eye.”

Goldenseal is used in the ears for ringing, earache, and deafness.

Goldenseal is commonly found in the deep woods from Vermont to Arkansas and received its name from the golden-yellow scars on the base of the stem. When the stem is broken, the scar resembles a gold wax letter seal.

How does it work?
Goldenseal contains the chemical berberine, which might have effects against bacteria and fungi. For example, it can prevent the bacteria Escherichia coli (E. coli) from binding to urinary tract walls. Berberine also has properties that can lower blood pressure and improve irregular heartbeats. In addition, early research suggests that berberine can lower blood sugar and “bad” low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.

Many of the important chemicals in goldenseal are poorly absorbed when taken by mouth and might not reach the concentrations needed to have significant effects in humans. So, it is unknown whether goldenseal has the same benefits as berberine.

GOLDENSEAL Uses & Effective:

Insufficient Evidence for:Urinary tract infections (UTIs).
Hemorrhoids.
Stomach upset.
Loss of appetite (anorexia).
Stomach ulcers.
Colitis.
Menstrual irregularities.
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
Conjunctivitis.
Nasal congestion.
Hay fever.
Other conditions.
More evidence is needed to rate goldenseal for these uses.

GOLDENSEAL Side Effects & Safety
Goldenseal is POSSIBLY SAFE when used as a single dose. There is not enough reliable information to know if goldenseal is safe for long-term use.

Don't use goldenseal in newborn babies. It is LIKELY UNSAFE for them. It might cause brain damage (kernicterus).

Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Using goldenseal during pregnancy or breast-feeding is LIKELY UNSAFE for the infant. A hazardous chemical in goldenseal can cross the placenta and can also find its way into breast milk. Brain damage (kernicterus) has developed in newborn infants exposed to goldenseal. Do not use goldenseal during pregnancy or breast-feeding.

GOLDENSEAL Interactions

Moderate Interaction Be cautious with this combinationCyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune) interacts with GOLDENSEAL

The body breaks down cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune) to get rid of it. Goldenseal might decrease how fast the body breaks down cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune). This might cause there to be too much cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune) in the body and potentially cause side effects.

Digoxin (Lanoxin) interacts with GOLDENSEAL

Taking goldenseal with digoxin (Lanoxin) might cause a very slight increase in digoxin (Lanoxin) levels in the body. But this does not seem to be an important interaction.

Medications changed by the liver (Cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) substrates) interacts with GOLDENSEAL

Some medications are changed and broken down by the liver. Goldenseal might decrease how quickly the liver breaks down some medications. Taking goldenseal along with some medications that are changed by the liver can increase the effects and side effects of your medication. Before taking goldenseal talk to your healthcare provider if you take any medications that are changed by the liver.Some medications that are changed by the liver include amitriptyline (Elavil), clozapine (Clozaril), codeine, desipramine (Norpramin), donepezil (Aricept), fentanyl (Duragesic), flecainide (Tambocor), fluoxetine (Prozac), meperidine (Demerol), methadone (Dolophine), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL), olanzapine (Zyprexa), ondansetron (Zofran), tramadol (Ultram), trazodone (Desyrel), and others.

Medications changed by the liver (Cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) substrates) interacts with GOLDENSEAL

Some medications are changed and broken down by the liver.Goldenseal might decrease how quickly the liver breaks down some medications. Taking goldenseal along with some medications that are broken down by the liver can increase the effects and side effects of some medications. Before taking goldenseal, talk to your healthcare provider if you are taking any medications that are changed by the liver.Some medications changed by the liver include lovastatin (Mevacor), ketoconazole (Nizoral), itraconazole (Sporanox), fexofenadine (Allegra), triazolam (Halcion), and many others.

Medications moved by pumps in cells (P-Glycoprotein Substrates) interacts with GOLDENSEAL

Some medications are moved by pumps in cells. Goldenseal might make these pumps less active and increase how much of some medications get absorbed by the body. This might increase the amount of some medications in the body, which could lead to more side effects. But there is not enough information to know if this is a big concern.Some medications that are moved by these pumps include etoposide, paclitaxel, vinblastine, vincristine, vindesine, ketoconazole, itraconazole, amprenavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, saquinavir, cimetidine, ranitidine, diltiazem, verapamil, corticosteroids, erythromycin, cisapride (Propulsid), fexofenadine (Allegra), cyclosporine, loperamide (Imodium), quinidine, and others.

GOLDENSEAL Dosing
The appropriate dose of goldenseal depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for goldenseal. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.

Conditions of Use and Important Information: This information is meant to supplement, not replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider and is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified health care provider.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.406 sec, (6)