If you would use less citric acid than the stoichiometric optimal ratio, you will not activate all of the sodium chlorite and you would ingest some amount of sodium chlorite. This would then become activated when it hits the stomach acid.
Is there any benefit at all to activate sodium chlorite when it is ingested? Or would you use the partially activated solution for oral hygiene?
If you have papers or links about the chlorine dioxide chemistry to share, I would like to obtain them to further educate myself.