CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Lymphatic System Disorders

Djehuty Views: 4,569
Published: 13 years ago

Lymphatic System Disorders

Lymphatic System Disorders

by Djehuty Ma'at-Ra
Tell a Friend

The human lymphatic system is "a vast, complex network of capillaries, thin vessels, valves, ducts, nodes, and organs that helps to protect and maintain the internal fluid environment of the entire body by producing, filtering, and conveying lymph and by producing various blood cells. The lymphatic network also transports fats, proteins, and other substances to the blood system and restores 60% of the fluid that filters out of the blood capillaries into interstitial spaces during normal metabolism."

Further,

"The peripheral parts of the lymphatic complex do not directly communicate with the venous system into which the lymph flows, but the endothelium of the veins at the junction of the blood and the lymphatic networks is continuous with the endothelium of the lymphatic vessels. Small semilunar valves throughout the lymphatic network help to control the flow of lymph and, at the junction with the venous system, prevent venous blood from flowing into the lymphatic vessels. The lymph collected from throughout the body drains into the blood through two ducts situated in the neck. Various body dynamics, such as respiratory pressure changes, mascular contractions, and movements of organs surrounding lymphatic vessels combine to pump the lymph through the lymphatic system. The thoracic duct that rises into the left side of the neck is the major vessel of the lymphatic system and conveys lymph from the whole body, except the right quadrant, which is served by the right lymphatic duct." - Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 3rd edition, pg. 712

Basically, "The lymphatic system is made up of an intricate network of vessels, valves and nodes throughout the body that carry lymph fluid and help to remove toxins from the body. Lymph fluid is clear, transparent liquid that circulates through the lymphatic system to bathe the tissues. It also feeds the cells, carrying nutritional elements from the blood and returning waste to the bloodstream. Lymph nodes purify the lymph fluid and also serve as filters for toxins throughout the body, trapping poisons and invading bacteria, preventing them from circulating in the body's tissues and through the bloodstream. An over-accumulation of toxins in the lymph nodes can result in swollen glands and/or lymphatic cancer." - Lise Bourbeau

A LOOK AT COMMON LYMPH DISORDERS

Just as the blood is subject to pollution, so is the lymph. Lymphatic problems are very common in the U.S. today, largely in part due to insalubrious diet and sedentary lifestyle.

So now, let's take a look at some common adverse lymphatic system conditions.

A common though rare lymphatic disorder is Hodgkin's disease. Hodgkin's disease is medically defined as:

"A malignant disorder characterized by painless, progressive enlargement of lymphoid tissuem usually first evident in cervical lymph nodes; splenomegaly; and the presence of Reed-sternberg cells, large, atypical macrophages with multiple or hypelobulated nuclei and prominent nuclei. Symptoms include anorexia, weigh loss, generalized pruritus, low-grade fever, night sweats, anemia, and leukocytosis. The disease is diagnosed in about 7,100 Americans annually, causes approximately 1700 deaths a year, affects twice as many males as females, and usually develops between 15 and 35 years of age." - Mosby's Medically Dictionary, 3rd edition, pg. 572

Another lymphatic disease is lymphadentis. Lymphadentis is medically defined as:

"An inflammatory condition of the lymph nodes, usually the result of systemic neoplastic disease, bacterial infection, or other inflammatory condition. The nodes may be enlarged, hard, smooth or irregular, red, and may feel hot. The location of the affected node is indicative of the site or origin of disease." Ibid, pg. 711

Another lymphatic disease is lymphangitis. Lymphangitis is medically defined as:

"An inflammation of one or more lymphatic vessels, usually resulting from an acute streptococcal infection of one of the extremities. It is characterized by fine red streaks extending from the infected area to the axilla or groin, and by fever, chills, headache, and myalgia. The infection may spread to the bloodstream. Ibid

Another lymphatic disease is lymphedema. Lymphedema is medically defined as:

"A primary or secondary disorder characterized by the accumulation of lymph in soft tissue and swelling, caused by inflammation, obstruction, or removal of lymph channels. Congenital lymphedema (Milroy's disease) is a hereditary disorder characterized by chronic lymphatic obstruction. Lymphedema praecox occurs in adolesence, chiefly in females, and causes puffiness and swelling of the lower limbs, apparently because of hyperpla stic development of lymph vessels. Secondary lymphedema may follow may follow surgical removal of lymph channels in mastectomy, obstruction of lymph drainage caused by malignant tumors, or the infestation of lymph vessels with adult filarial parasites. Lymphedema of the lower extremities begins with mild swelling of the foot, gradually extends to the entire limb, and is aggravated by prolonged standing, pregnancy, obesity, warm weather, and menstrual period." Ibid, pg. 712

We also have lymphocytosis. Lymphocytosis is medically defined as:

"A proliferation of lymphocytes, as occurs in certain chronic diseases and during convalescence from acute infections." Ibid, pg. 713

"Lymphadenopathy syndrome (LAS) is medically defined as: "A persistent, generalized swelling of the lymph nodes. It is often a part of the AIDS-related complex." Mosby's, pg. 711

Next, we have lymphogranuloma. Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a STD (sexually transmitted disease) and medically defined as: "a sexually transmitted disease caused by a strain of the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. It is characterized by ulcerative genital lesions, marked swelling of the lymph nodes in the groin, headache, fever, and malaise. Ulcerations of the rectal wall occur less commonly." Ibid, pg. 713

I can't forget about lymphoma.

Lymphoma [Latin, lympha + Greek 'oma' meaning "tumor"], a neoplasm of lymphoid tissue that is usually malignant but, in rare cases, may be benign. The various lymphomas differ in degree of cellular differentiation and content, but the manifestations are similar in all types. Characteristically, the appearance of a painless, enlarged lymph node or nodes in the neck is followed by weakness, fever, weight loss, and anemia. With widespread involvement of lymphoid tissue, the spleen and liver usually enlarge, and GI disturbance, malabsorption, and bone lesions frequently develop. Men are more likely than women to develop lymphoid tumors.

Now I will cover lymph node problems, but first, let's break down what the lymph nodes are.

Lymph Node [Latin 'lymph' + nodus, meaning 'knot'] One of many small oval structures that filter the lymph and fight infection, and in which there are formed lymphocytes, monocytes, and plasma cells. The lymph nodes are of different sizes, some as small as pinheads, others as large as lima beans. Each node is enclosed in a capsule, is composed of a lighter colored cortical portion and a darker medullary portion, and consists of closely packed lymphocytes, reticular connective tissue laced by trabeculae, and three kinds of sinuses, subcapsular, cortical, and medullary. Lymph flows into the node through afferent lymphatic that open into the subcapsular." Mosby's supra, pg. 712

And further,

"Most lymph nodes are clustered in (specific) areas, such as the mouth, the neck, the lower arm, the axilla, and the groin. The lymphatic network and nodes of the breast are especially crucial in the diagnosis and treatment of Breast Cancer in women. Cancer cells from a "primary" breast tumor often spread through the lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Also called lymph gland." Ibid

When the lymph nodes become clogged, they cannot release toxins from the body so toxins will stay trapped in the body. One of the greatest contributory factors for female Breast Cancer is the wearing of tight bras over lymphatic territory (chest area) coupled with using antiperspirant which prevents perspiration which is a natural process for expelling toxins from the body via the lymph nodes in the armpits. When the lymph nodes in the armpits become clogged, the toxins shoot back in to the chest area (breasts) and because of the tight bras preventing proper lymphatic circulation, the toxins stay stuck there and the next thing you know, little trash bags called tumors and cysts develop.

Also, when the lymph nodes in the armpits swell, a large painful lump occurs. This lump is very painful! It's a sign of severe toxicity due to using antiperspirant which should really be avoided. Read our article entitled "Beware of Deodorants and Antiperspirants" for more information on this subject matter.

Because the area under the mouth (chin area) contains lymph nodes, this is an area that can be greatly affected, as the body will use this area to expel toxins. This is what the lymph nodes are for in addition to filtering.

Back in early 1998, my whole chin area and portions of the side of my face became seriously inflamed, so much so that it itched like crazy. The whole area (of my skin) darkened. It was black! It was like I had been burned by a blowtorch or something. It was highly noticeable, but even though, I still went to work and dealt with my healing crisis with no shame or embarrassment.

My skin used to itch so bad I'd scratch like crazy. Sometimes I scratched so hard and bad I bled. There were times I'd look into the mirror and cry, desiring to have my childhood skin back. I would ask God: "Is this the price I pay for healing myself and changing my diet and lifestyle?" "Is this what I get, God, for doing the right thing?" Today, I just look back on this time and laugh to myself.

But you see, I knew it was the healing crisis but the severity and length of it began to get to me due to my mindset and ego at that time; but today, I'm very thankful for that period in my life because I knew once I healed from a necessary thing, I'd never have to deal with it again.

All of the above adverse conditions and so-called diseases and disorders really make lymphatic cleansing highly necessary and critical, especially for purposes of optimal health and wellbeing.

The Lymph and the Immune (Defense) System

The lymphatic system can be said to be a part of the so-called immune system which is really the defense system as there is no immunity, especially from consuming the wrong things. Systems, glands, and organs are all interrelated so when dealing with boosting immunity make sure to focus on the lymphatic system as well as blood, cleansing them periodically.

Healing Lymphatic System Disorders Naturally

DIET

You should already know what I have to say about diet from reading my other articles. To heal from any degenerative disease or to facilitate the healing, it is best to abstain from eating meat, dairy products, eggs, refined grains and starches, processed foods (or cooked foods); sugar, salt, white distilled vinegar; effervescent beverages (soda pop, champagne, and anything else with carbonated water); coffee, lattes, commercial juices, alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, etc.) and tap water just to name a few of the things that should be avoided.

The best things to eat would be raw, organic foods such as fruit, vegetables, seeds, and nuts and very, very little grains (those that are alkaline in nature).

If you decide to eat cooked/processed foods, they should be vegan (non-meat and non-dairy; no eggs) and should only be eaten 2-3 days per week. Less is best!

The best water to drink is Alkaline Water followed by distilled water (which is best to drink only while detoxing). One should even consider investing in an Alkaline Water machine (ionizer and filter) that can cost between $500 and $4,000.00.

Kangen, Neptune, Microlite, Aquarius, Life Water Ionizer, and Melody are all good brands of Alkaline Water machines/ionizers.

All vices should be cut out (which is actually common sense). No smoking (anything, especially cigarettes), no alcohol, and no drugs (legal or illegal)

Abstain from use of all unhealthy personal hygiene and body care products, i.e. commercial brand soaps, lotions, shampoos, conditioners, ANTIPERSPIRANTS and deodorants, cologne and perfumes, female sanitary pads and napkins, etc. Healthier alternative brands are listed in our Alternative Diet and Lifestyle Manual e-book. Visit our on-line store to order. Yes, you do have a choice to use people, animal, and earth-friendly products!

MASSAGE

Lymphatic drainage massage therapy is very helpful in reversing lymphatic disorders, especially lymph stagnation which is common in many people due to leading sedentary lifestyles. Lymphatic massage incorporates deep tissue cleansing as well due to the pressure used. If you are dealing with a lymphatic issue, make sure you consistently incorporate lymphatic and/or deep tissue massage in your healing regimen.

EXERCISE

Exercise is very important because unlike the blood that has two pumps (the heart and the lungs) to cause it to circulate ten times every one minute, the lymph does not have a pump so your movement is necessary and vital for proper lymphatic circulation. Whereas the blood circulates ten times a minute, the lymph only circulates one time per day and that's if your lymphatic system is not sluggish and you aren't sedentary.

HERBS

Good lymphatic herbs include, but are not limited to: Octillo, Yellow Dock Root, Lobelia, Goldenseal Root, Black-Walnut , Echinacea Root, Wild Indigo Root, Stone Root, Mullein Leaf, Manjistha, Chaparral, Dandelion Root, and Oregon Grape to name a few.

Dherbs.Com herbal compounds that can be used to help heal lymphatic conditions (such as Hodgkin's disease, for example) include: Full Body Detox, the 10-Day Supreme Blood Cleanse, the 10 Day Supreme Liver Cleanse, Blood and Lymphatic Formula, Liver and Gallbladder Formula, Liver Extract, Detox Tea, Blood and Lymphatic Tea, and Liver-Gallbladder-Spleen Tea to name a few.

AROMATHERAPY

Beneficial essential oils that can be sued to improve lymphatic circulation include: Winter Savory and Labrador Tea. A carrier oil (i.e. olive, sweet almond, coconut, etc.) can be applied to the skin and a few drops (2-3 drops) of these essential oils applied to the congested lymphatic area and gently stroked in the direction of the lymph (downward).

NOTE: Lymph travels down and blood travels upward. These two systems are right by each other like a highway with lanes for traffic going in opposite directions. One side of the traffic would be for the lymph (traveling down) and the other side of the traffic would be for the blood (traveling upward).

CRYSTALS AND GEMSTONES

Crystals that can be used for lymphatic improvement and remedies include: Pink Chalcedony, Blue Lace Agate, Bloodstone, Aquamarine, Moss Agate, Amethyst, and Jet to name a few.

Crystals can be used as tools to help move the lymph (during massage) or placed over major lymphatic area that will help ease lymphatic flow and circulation.

The crystals can also be used in elixir form and drank daily (1-2 ounces).

Lymphatic disorders like all others can be entirely healed. Every disease can be healed because with God all things are possible! Believe that!

Thank you for reading!

This article is compliments of Dherbs.Com and Djehuty Ma'at-Ra.

Additional articles available @ http://www.dherbs.com/articles/

Dherbs.Com - Providing Solutions For Better Health!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.531 sec, (9)