Sorry if I'm just stating the obvious, but I want to understand this too. Is it possible that activated Miracle-Mineral-Supplement is effective because chlorous acid is carried in the blood releasing small amounts of CLO2 as it travels through the bloodstream? I know that early on when I took activated Miracle-Mineral-Supplement something was reacting in my body because I could feel tiny explosions of intense heat in my left foot. That could have been chlorous acid carried by the blood that released some CLO2 at that site, where it presumably reacted with pathogens there. And then, to restate what you said above, unactivated Miracle-Mineral-Supplement is ineffective when ingested because no chlorous acid forms to be taken up by the bloodstream. Unactivated MMS releases CLO2 in the stomach, but that immediately becomes a salt which is not reactive in the bloodstream.
I have recently tried ingesting very small amounts of unactivated MMS (1 drop of 22% MMS in a cup of water). It is SO much easier to drink that way, but I see now that it's not likely to do much good. And indeed, as far as I could tell it didn't do much.