I also read about the reactance product of chlorite. And yes, if sodium chlorite is ingested it should react with the stomach acid to release chlorine dioxide.
A friend of mine told me an amazing success story about an acquaintance of his that got really sick from toxic mold that this guy's doctor didn't give him much longer to live. My friend gave him a bottle of Miracle-Mineral-Supplement and after taking Miracle-Mineral-Supplement (activated with lemon juice) and quickly getting to 15 drops (I think per day) he got well. When he told my friend that he got a clean bill of health from his doctor, he had tears in his eyes!
I have two root canals - and Dr. Hussar here in Reno told me that root canals are always infected. I knew about the connection between dental (& gum) health and Arthritis and cardiovascular health. A few weeks ago, when I felt pain in my left hand and fingers, I took activated Miracle-Mineral-Supplement and the next day it was gone. Amazing.
But I want to understand the underlying chemistry better. I wonder in what form it will be transported through the body, because it does work. I need to know how it can survive in the presence of a buffer. Way back in chemistry I learned that a strong acid and a weak salt (salt formed from a weak acid) will react to form a strong salt and a weak acid. Example is backing soda to eliminate too much stomach acid. It forms to table salt and carbonic acid, where most of it is released as carbon dioxide.
So what happens when chlorine dioxide interacts with a buffer, like a phosphate based buffer solution? I have to read more about it.