Chlorine dioxide will form an acid when mixed with water, the pH is quite low. If this enters the blood stream, it will react with the blood's buffer system, since the body tries to keep the pH of blood around 7. There the acid (H2ClO3) will be neutralized and converted into a salt. Will it just be converted back to NaClO2, what we have started with?? Or some other form of salt, like KClO2 or Ca(ClO2)2? The whole thing doesn't make sense to me. The acid that forms with ClO2 can't stay that way in the body. I have some background in chemistry (see my previous post) but that is quite a while ago.
Is there anybody out there with better background in chemistry than me to answer this question?
I did one experiment: I made some activated Miracle-Mineral-Supplement and added baking soda until my pH paper showed pH 7. Lots of bubbles (CO2 released from sodium carbonate) were released. I needed quite a bit of the backing soda, so activated Miracle-Mineral-Supplement is quite acidic! After that I tasted the neutralized solution - it didn't taste like chlorine anymore, so it must have converted back into a salt! And that is what I think happens in the body.
So is taking MMS straight without activation the same??