CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Cold water ginger extract and juniper berry time limit

Hveragerthi Views: 3,007
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,517,833

Re: Cold water ginger extract and juniper berry time limit

Found it! Don't have ginger powder...but have raw ginger from store. Can this be used?

Slice it or grate it first and put it on some waxed paper. Then freeze it to crack the cell walls. This will allow the active constituents to be released.

Does ratio of ginger to water matter?

It is roughly 1 teaspoon to a cup of water. The water will saturate, just like making a tea.

Should I peel the ginger?

This is not necessary.

Should I chop up the ginger finely to get more water to surface area?

You can do it that way as well. Grating with a fine grater is the fastest and easiest though.

Will I only get the exfoliation action if applied several times per day?

It will exfoliate each time you use the ginger. But if using it for deeper scarring then several times a day is better to speed up the process. If just using it for a general exfoliant then once a day is fine.

How long should the extract be left on the face at a time?

5 to 10 minutes should allow plenty of time. 

Regarding juniper berry powder (love the taste!), my bag has a warning not to "....use exceeding four to six weeks in succession...." Is this just to cover their a.., or should I take a break from time to time? I have been trying to take 1/2 tsp. just prior to meals since receiving it last Thursday.

If doing the juniper berry by itself you would likely take larger doses. In this case it is a good idea to take breaks since the oil is an irritant to the kidneys.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.500 sec, (1)