CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Mackenzie

mackenzie1 Views: 3,742
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,516,554

Re: Mackenzie

I'm so glad that you were able to order the Doctor's Defense, and I'm hoping so much that it will help you as much as it helped me. I know how you feel about cremes, I've gone through a lot of them, too. For some reason, Doctors Defense was different, and I'm hoping so much that it will be for you, too.

From what I've read, one reason moisturizing is important is because it helps to create a barrier between our skin and the environment, so moisturizing is important even if the area is not dry. Moisturizing is something that I ignored far too long, and now that I'm moisturizing, I do see a difference in the texture of my skin. Also, all of the eczema episodes have caused my skin to become thinner. It's like having had one too many dermabrasions. Yesterday, when I woke up, my hand was under my side and the skin on my hand was stinging. I didn't get an eczema outbreak, but I could tell that my skin is so thin that too much pressure against it aggravates the nerve endings below it, which makes it sting. The moisturizer helps to create an extra layer where the skin is thinner. I see now how the Epsom Salts could sting--as the phrase goes, it would be like putting salt on an open wound. Have you tried the vinegar? It might not sting.

I've been meaning to tell you--one time several years ago I was at the beach in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, during June, which is the Sea Lice season (Sea Lice are baby jelly fish.) When they get inside of your swim suit, they sting, and where they sting, it itches like crazy. When I got out of the water, the life guard said to put clear nail polish on the welts where I was stung because our skin can't itch if there is no air. I tried that, and it really worked! Now I'm not by any means suggesting that you put clear nail polish on eczema, but think about the principle--how to cut off air from the eczema area to see if it will help to stop the itching. Soaking in a bath of vinegar may be helpful here (or colloidal oatmeal.)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.189 sec, (1)