CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dermatologist appt. & patch test results

mackenzie1 Views: 2,695
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,507,880

Re: Dermatologist appt. & patch test results

That's so funny that you are looking for the best moisturizer to use, because I am too! I am currently using both Aveeno hand moisturizer and Doctors Defense Zen Fusion Creme. Doctors Defense is the best, bar none, but I want to find something that will work long term and not be as costly as Doctors Defense. I would still keep the Doctors Defense, but use it for emergencies. I ordered and just received California Baby's Moisturizing lotion for super sensitive skin, and I started using it today. It's good, but I want to keep searching for that moisturizer that turns my hands back to soft, supple, and wrinkle-free right before my eyes, LOL!

Last night I Googled opinions on moisturizers for sensitive skin. One reviewer said that the three best were: Neutrogena's Norwegian formula hand creme (fragrance free), Aveda's All sensitive skin moisturizer, and another company I can't remember, but I think it's mentioned in the article I posted below, (the CeraVe.) I tried to find the first article again, but can't. I did find this article, though, which has some interesting thoughts on moisturizers, although from the previously posted research on how bacteria helps us against eczema, some of the information has become outdated. So, in light of that research, taking baths in bleach or swimming in chlorine to get rid of bacteria is counter-intuitive. Nevertheless, the information on moisturizers is very useful:

http://www.easeeczema.org/erc/bathing_and_mosturizing.htm

I thought you'd be interested in the vaseline under white cotton gloves suggestion! Today I discovered something new that might be really helpful: putting moisturizers on hands every hour or two instead of just twice a day. When I tried this, I was surprised at how well my skin responded. It actually looked pretty normal by the end of the day! I used the California Baby Moisturizer and the Aveeno to do this. I'll put Doctors Defense on for overnight.

I'll let you know if I find anything that works especially well. In the first article, the poster noted that the Neutrogena Norwegian formula (fragrance free) hand creme had the highest amount of glycerin, so I think I'll start there. I'm the type who will test every possible moisturizer before I stop looking, though, unless I find one that is so remarkable that I instinctively feel that there's no need to search further.

Have a nice weekend!

Mackenzie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

1.250 sec, (2)