CureZone   Log On   Join
Observation about spirulina

Paul DeGaul Views: 6,212
Published: 10 years ago

Observation about spirulina

Sometimes I eat a couple of TBL of spirulina late at night (unfortunate snacking). I've noticed that the next morning my urine pH is 8.0, which seems high to me. I can't find the quote now but somebody has described the process (besides Moreless) about how eating strong proteins at night can cause this effect. It has to do with a DOUBLE LOSS of alkaline reserves, one of which is to just dump them into the urine.

Since I get this eating spirulina, and since Dr. Roberts considers all algae to be acidic, I can say, yeh, I believe him. I know spirulina has been discussed here many times as a substitute for kelp, and it never did stack up to kelp, but now I'm thinking that it's a lot worse than kelp. If it causes this dumping of alkaline minerals into the urine, plus needing to be buffered, that is a double whammy that I don't wish to absorb any more.

Does this seem correct, or am I missing something?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.187 sec, (1)