CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How to stop itching from Eczema

mackenzie1 Views: 8,270
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,497,941

Re: How to stop itching from Eczema

Hi!

As I understand it, beta carotene is an antioxident. When an article says that a particular fruit or vegetable is high in antioxidents, it can be any number of antioxidents--Vitamin E, Vitamin C, zinc, beta carotene, among others. I'm surmising that the acai fruit is high in beta carotene, an antioxident, because of its reddish hue. I'm really focusing in on beta carotene as a good antioxident for eczema because of my experience with the Ojon product and because another poster got well from eczema by juicing watemelon. Both are high in beta carotene.

I'm not sure if taking a supplement is as effective as the natural food. I've read that foods have enzymes that help our bodies process the vitamins and minerals, so I'm not sure where that leaves supplements. I do know that Vitamin D supplements work, though, because I take a wonderful vitamin supplement with 1200 units of Vitamin D. When my doctor tested my blood this past time, he remarked that I had the second highest level of Vitamin D among his patients. So, Vitamin D supplements do work, since I don't get out in the sun much and don't drink milk. The zinc supplement has also helped me tremendously, so zinc supplements work, at least in my book.

The online reviews for the acai fruit chew are very positive. For the most part, the people who commented said that the acai fruit chews taste very good. One person said it tasted awful, though. Many posters advised keeping it in the refrigerator because it is very sticky. If the acai fruit chews are high in beta carotene, I'll force it down, no matter what I think of its taste, though--at least to a point. My only concern is whether I'll be allergic to acai because it comes from a tree, and I'm allergic to trees. That's why I can't use tea tree oil for anything--because I'm allergic to the tea tree.

I'm really into antioxidents right now, not only because zinc, an antioxident, got me well from eczema, but because I've been amazed at the improved texture of my skin since I've begun eating more foods with beta carotene. The skin on my hands used to be very dry and wrinkled, while my skin elsewhere looked more normal. After taking the zinc and focusing on foods high in beta carotene in particular, the skin on my hands now is very soft. It's also so much smoother and younger looking that it amazes me. Sometimes I can't help feeling it because it's so different. Then, I remind myself not to touch it too much, LOL!

The change in the skin texture of my hands might also be because of the Doctor's Defense, which I'm using as a moisturizer now, but I use it so sparingly, that I think the positive change in my skin texture must also be because of the beta carotene and zinc. I hope this helps!

Best,

Mackenzie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.204 sec, (2)