It's true that Tea Tree EO shouldn't be orally ingested, but a moistened q-tip into the external canal of the ear is not quite the same, although it's still definitely an inadvisable thing to do and if I were you I wouldn't do it again, and certainly never with an animal.
If I were you I would wonder what else was going on with that ear 2 days ago that looked like what you thought.
The only way I can think of that might cause trouble in this way is if you loaded the Q-tip, squeezed it and dripped the Tea Tree into the ear canal. If all you did was swab a spot onto the surface, I do not see how Tea Tree could have caused you this trouble..
A generally safe way to use Tea Tree EO for an ear would be to rub it around the base of the external ear, and let it vaporize its way in by itself.