Re: Soy Myths

Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

Google Advertisement
lucifiel Views: 1,850
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,442,774

Re: Soy Myths

(I'm a Singaporean Chinese, btw. =) I do eat quite a bit of soy from time to time.)

Interesting... and sorry for bringing up an old thread. Asians have been eating soy(fermented and non-fermented) for thousands of years. Yet, if soy is supposed to cause cancer or whatever problems, then why are Asians still up and living? Let's just put it this way: I do not believe there was a diagnosis or even any form of treatment for cancer a few thousand years ago, so why haven't most of us been wiped out already?

After reading more than a few hundred articles and posts about this topic, I think some of the problems stem from:

1) over-consumption

People these days tend to eat a lot with plenty of servings too. I suspect that "serving sizes of soy" a few thousands years ago, were much smaller in quantities or even if they ate it in liberal doses, I doubt they ate as many "soy products".

I think it is true that soy has some effect on hormones, hence the need for moderation. It's also the same with many types of food: too much of certain vitamin/foods(even stevia) = disastrous results. I'm sure we've all read of extreme poisoning of Vitamin C.

2) processed soy

I tend to avoid all sorts of "processed food" including drinks with added Sugar unless I'm super hungry with no alternatives. I only consume the fresh type of "soya bean drink": crushed from the grinders and bought from the food stores, with no added Sugar and no processing.

These days, it's all "soy milk", "soy ice-cream", "soy bars", "soy this and soy that". I'm actually wondering how much "soy" is actually left after all that processing and whether the manufacturers add in Vitamins and taste enhancers to compensate for the loss in nutrition and flavours.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.859 sec, (1)