CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Ancient Chinese white tea may fight obesity

Molly Bloom Views: 1,005
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,484,109

Re: Ancient Chinese white tea may fight obesity

I agree. Here is corporate america, we have to go to harrassment training. So they train us not to cause anyone to feel harrassed by anything, including obesity. And I will tell you that this is one of the least acknowledged prejudices you will find out there. It may not even be conscious to the person feeling prejudice.

I remember sitting in an interview with a peer. The interviewee, highly skilled, was obese. After the interview, my peer made a comment that he thought she seemed like someone who would be unproductive, if not down right lazy. OMG. Being a woman that has constantly struggled with weight her entire life, and has gone from a size 13 to 24, back and forth, I laid into this guy and basically told him that what he said was grounds for dismissal. Makes you real popular amongst your peers, but sometimes you just have to stand up for what's right.

When I was at my heaviest, and quite frankly this weight gain was due to a chronic pain condition and I was ALSO trying to make myself feel better with food, I got the stink eye from people all the time. I was subtly discriminated against quite regularly. Hell, I can remember being pregnant (7.5 months) a full body pregnancy too, and getting on the local transit. There were no seats. Two guys sitting down actually said within my earshot, well, I'd get up for that woman, but standing will do her some good (meaning I'm too fat). So, because I'm the petite dainty flower that I am, I responded quite loudly..."thanks jerk, and if you are ever lucky enough to get a woman to even come near you, and you are even able to impregnate her, I hope people aren't as mean to her as you are to me and my UNBORN child"....at which I stuck my ample pregrant belly in his face as I held the strap above their seat. About 4 other people jumped out of their seats for me, and those idiots sat there pretty red faced, while ever woman on the train stared daggers at them.

Yes, we do have a problem in this country. Yes people need to take responsibility for their own health. I guess my plea is....please don't judge or feel superior. There are a myriad of reasons for obesity, and none of them have to do with actual character.

Molly

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.359 sec, (2)