CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Virtual coach/trainer

Free Clark DVD!
Bestselling author Dr. Hulda Clark claims to have cured cancer

Blood Worms?
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Beautiful Skin From Powerful Oils and Roses
Remove signs of aging by renewing skin cel...

More
More

Free Clark DVD!
Bestselling author Dr. Hulda Clark claims to have cured cancer

Blood Worms?
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Beautiful Skin From Powerful Oils and Roses
Remove signs of aging by renewing skin cel...

summerhaunt Views: 1,376
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,483,080

Re: Virtual coach/trainer

Will do!

Food:
Since I do love to cook, I've decided I'll even make my own breads—that is a workout in itself. We've a great little shop that has opened here in the last year that sells bulk items that are mostly organic. We get all our beef there (packages are frozen, but it's great quality meat ... when I cook the ground beef there's almost no liquid (fat and added water) remaining in the pan. They've got King Arthur flour (no bromine!). Our grocery store even has that Gold Medal flour that's "better for bread" that says there is no bromine.

Otherwise, food is going to be the problem here. The grocery store here is questionable as to freshness, which leaves Wal-Mart (which is also questionable with regard to quality). The new bulk store here is great, but it's mainly dried goods. And, like I said, I have to watch costs. When the fresh produce looks healthy and is within reason on cost (I don't mind paying a little extra for the health benefits IF it's good produce, which is rare with Wal-Mart anymore). But otherwise will have to manage with frozen vegetables. I'm going to avoid canned at all costs. I'll probably have to get canned green beans, since that's just about the only vegetables I can get our youngest to eat, which is better than nothing at all.

We already get organic eggs from a local farmer, but the hens stop laying when the weather gets too cold. Folks, there is a BIG taste difference in the eggs you buy at the grocery store and getting farm fresh organic! Bigger, more flavorful yolks. So when the hens aren't laying, I'll have to get store bought, but will try to find organic.

I love soups, and will probably do a lot of them, especially when the weather gets colder. I can get my husband to eat soups, but he tends to scoop the meat and vegetables and leave more of the broth in the pot ... not wise since the broth is where all the nutrients go when cooking. I'll work at trying to get him to eat the broth also.

Right now I only cook with coconut oil, unless I have to cook something at a really high heat. I've even managed to get my husband to cook with it!

I probably cannot get the family to nix milk ... they are big cereal eaters. Cereal is almost a necessary item for calming the youngest after a stressful day. I rarely eat it though, and when I do it's something like mueslix. Fortunately, my husband is not big on cheese except for a rare grilled cheese sandwich or pizza. When we do do pizza, most of the time I make it from scratch, so we can choose healthy toppings.

Water: The water here is not chlorinated or fluoridated as yet!

Biking:
My husband is going to ask some of the avid bikers around what routes they use. He himself used to bike one of the highways here, but the highway department got rid of most of the shoulders saying they were making the roadway safer (Hah!). We'll probably start with biking over to a friend's house across town. Then we'll add to the route by biking out to the in-laws, who are several miles out down a not-too-hilly road, but definitely curvy. Then we'll add more distance by going from their place out to the river, which will be much hillier and curvier roads.

Equipment:
A family member is passing on an expensive home gym they never use ... it should be here in about two weeks. Also equipment-wise I have a rebounder, one of those big, bouncy exercise balls, a yoga kit (brick, mat, and strap plus DVD), a balance board (a circular one that I can self-adjust how much tilt I can get ... these are fabulous for restoring balance, and require LOTS of thigh and calf muscle since you have to squat some to try to stay balanced enough that the board stays horizontal to the ground). By winter I want to get one of those Tai Chi fan dance kits that Gaiam offers (great exercise, and looks fun ... my stepdaughter got one last year and it looked to be a real workout)—I think it'll be good for those bad weather days. I do have access to exercise DVDs (walking, Tai Chi, and some of the more conventional aerobic and anaerobic).

The school is on the same block as us, and is pretty much in our backyard, so there's a track available—asphalt, so not kind on the knees.

Also, until the grass dies, we mow with a reel mower. We decided on that this spring to force ourselves to a little more physical activity. But it's also good because no mower exhaust, and it doesn't kick up the allergens the way a power mower does. I find its purrr as it whirs mentally calming, too.

We do have a hot tub (a Softub), which we keep outside, but it sprung a leak in the plumbing this spring. Sometime in the next few weeks we're going to try to see if we can get to the leak. IF we can repair it, then we an add it to our list of available health equipment.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (3)