CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Mirena IUD- Possible class action lawsuit- please stop by

tiredofhurting Views: 47,297
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 71,953

Re: Mirena IUD- Possible class action lawsuit- please stop by

I had my mirena IUD inserted in August 2008. They said that the major things that I would have to worry about was expulsion or perforation but that those things rarely happened. About 3 months after I had the IUD inserted I started to have severe joint pain. I saw my primary doctor approximately 3 times for this joint pain. Each time I was given steriods. They checked my labs for Rheumatoid Arthritis , lupus, and lyme's disease. My labs all came back normal. They then sent me to a rheumatologist. He checked the same labs plus checked my thyroid. They all came back normal. I spent 6 months trying to figure out what was wrong with me. My mood was awful and I was unable to sleep the biggest part of the time due to the joint pain. My pain was almost debilitating at time. I had horrible pain in my fingers, wrists, knees, and ankles. I recently had my IUD removed and my joint pain has seemed to cease.
I read your comment and was wondering if there was ever a lawsuit filed against the Mirena IUD. If so please notify me. I was never informed of the possibility of having the severe joint pain that I experienced. My husband had mentioned the possibility of the IUD causing my problems but when I mentioned it to the anyone they said that they had never heard of it causing those type of problem.
I appreciate your time.
Thank you

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

2.531 sec, (1)