CureZone   Log On   Join
Fatty liver from alcohol

Epsom Salt Encapsulated
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

More
More
Brian Views: 4,116
Published: 18 years ago

Fatty liver from alcohol

I hope someone out there can give me some kind of information on this.
I went for my 40th birthday physical with my doctor about a month ago. A few days later he called and said he wanted to
have a chat. I popped over to his alternate office and waited to see him. He could not remember what the exact reaseon was
that he wanted to see me was, so I should sit down and wait for the results to be faxed to this office. He assured me that
"When I can't remember why I wanted to see you, that means that is nothing significant"
The results showed a slight raise in a liver result. Instead of getting a result between 40-43
I got a 45 (can't remember the exact test) He later said that a warning number that really would worry him would be
around 100!
I panicked and told him that I usually drink about 4 pints of beer a day. He freaked out! (don't think he's ever tasted a beer)
He told me to stop for the rest of my life and to go and get an ultra sound and more blood work. This showed him that I had a
slightly larger liver and my spleen was also a little larger. As the blood work had not arrived yet he already figured out loud that
I had cirrosis. When the blood work arrived he changed his tune because the blood work seem almost OK.
]I'm to go back and see him in 3 months. Obviously I'm off the beer, and am taking milk thistle (herbal).
My question is......I have read that our approx. 20-30% of alcoholics eventually get cirrosis. Does this mean
that everyone who drinks more that average on a daily bassis for a period of 10 yrs or more will eventually get a fatty liver.
This is followed by 20%-30% of them moving on to get cirossis if they continue drinking at the same pase.
One more question please? If after 3 months, I am back to normal. Would I be some what safe to drink moderately on weekends and
and not during the week, if I continue to visit the doctor regularly? As I said my doctor is an extremest and says NEVER.
thankyou for any responses

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.500 sec, (1)