CureZone   Log On   Join
Video Embedded Before you buy your kid a violent video game

rudenski Views: 1,318
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,466,820

Before you buy your kid a violent video game

In war there are no unwounded soldiers -Jose Narosky

That was a Priceless quote...

From pacifist to terrorist, each person condemns violence - and then adds one cherished case in which it may be justified. - Gloria Steinem

War is the bane of humanity but
instead of being the last choice of desperate men... it is being used as a means
of manipulating markets. War is so romanticized in American culture.

I work with some brain injured blind and often deaf
adults
with severe brain injuries, every day.

The roadside bombs that are killing American Boys
and Girls are wounding many scores more. The brain injuries add to other kinds of injuries like poisoning by
vaccine and depleted uranium. Wars are no longer a viable means of settling dispute.... but they never really were... Combined... trillions of dollars worth of resources... the wars the world is involved in today will be the misery and death of hundreds of
thousands of Vets who are participating in war... not to mention the millions of women and children killed who did nothing more than stand in the wrong spot of the road... and all because the parents of those
kid soldiers did not teach their children.. thou shalt not kill...but instead... those fearful parents
bought toy guns and action figures that simulate war... and video games for their
children... where they simulate killing... Death is not the worst thing that can
happen to a soldier though...

A lifetime of horrific memories, missing limbs, eyes, ears, and more... and for what? So men
can control a pipeline going through a hostile country that doesn't want to be
invaded.

The blind and often deaf men and women I work to rehabilitate... some veterans... with
brain injuries are among the toughest to help. They can get back some
independence but is a long and harrowing road. It is likely that most will never support a family again... if they ever had a chance to have one... I tell them jokes, lift their
spirits, teach them a few life skills, try to rewire their minds and give their
bodies opportunities to regain the the muscle memory to use tools and build things again.., but when they
talk about the war they were in... their whole disposition changes... I am
looking into empty eyes that no longer see because they have seen too much...

I just purchased a diesel car and plan on making bio- diesel. Hopefully, I can
reduce my personal oil dependence and in a small way help reduce the need to invade countries
for their oil. I hope we can change this economy to one that allows for
progressive visionaries who will help heal this planet with the added benefit of
making this world less violent for children.

rudi

A very great vision is needed,and the
man who has it must follow it...
as the eagle seeks the deepest blue
of the sky. - Chief Crazy Horse

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (2)