CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I Need Help With Angular Cheilitis

BohemiaTom Views: 64,374
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,467,582

Re: I Need Help With Angular Cheilitis

One more response to your question.

If it's NOT an infection problem, it could you only need to increase blood flow to the lesions to promote healing.

I don't really want to reveal this and I don't think anyone wants to hear this, but several years ago I had anal fissures (cuts) that wouldn't heal for a year. A colorectal surgeon who examined me told me take a bath an hour a day (i.e., 2x a day, 30 mins. per session) to increase blood flow to the fissures. After getting out of bath I was told to take a fan to cool the anus to room temperature (or a hair dryer on the cool setting). He cautioned not to wipe the area because a tissue may wipe away natural oils that would promote healing. After wards, I was to wipe a special green cream in the area to further cool the area. He said I could also use Vaseline. In 6 days, everything healed.

Following these principles, you could instead place a warm towel over your mouth for an hour a day. When finished, take a cold towel and place it on the area for about 5 to 10 minutes to cool it. Put your face in front of a fan to evaporate the excess moisture (or maybe skip this part, just experiment). Afterwards, wipe on Vaseline.

I've never tried this. I just thought of this last night so not sure it'll work but maybe worth a try. Make sure the towels aren't too hot. It might dry your cuts too much.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.625 sec, (1)