CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Zinc and Eczema

mackenzie1 Views: 11,320
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,460,493

Re: Zinc and Eczema

I'm not sure, Socal, but I would think zinc is zinc and that any form of zinc would help. The test is in the results, though. If the zinc oxide ointment helps you, then that's the best information. I've read on self-help blogs about Head and Shoulders shampoo helping with eczema. One reader had success applying Head and Shoulders on the eczema outbreak and leaving it on for two hours or overnight. I haven't tried this, but it's something to consider.

The more I study eczema, the more convinced I become that zinc deficiency plays some role. I've begun watching my hands very closely since they are eczema prone to see if I can catch an outbreak at the very beginning. This week I found a raised inflammation on my index finger, which I knew was the start of an eczema outbreak. I immediately applied Benadryl creme, and within two hours, it had subsided. I kept applying Benadryl creme at the site for two days, and so far I've successfully averted another outbreak.

I tried the Doctors Defense another poster at this site had luck with, and it worked very well for me, too. Benadryl is so much cheaper and easier to find, though, that I'm hoping it will work just as well for the long run.

I've also read that we should be taking zinc supplements with 25 to 30 milligrams of zinc in it if we have problems with eczema. I checked my supplement, and it only has 15 micrograms. Upping zinc in my supplements is the next thing I'm going to try. Hopefully that will help, too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.404 sec, (1)