> trying to find out if shaving is the way to
> go. I have tried electrolysis, waxing, creams,
> plucking and trimmin gwith scissors. None of
> which worked for me. I have found web sites
> that say shaving is the a better option, then
> I found others that said it would be the worst
> thing to do. I have been struggling with this
> for way to long. I am sooo tired of the stares
> and laughing behind my back. Please help me.
> Thanks in advance.

You've already found that there are many different opinions and what's best for one person may not be best for another.

You seem to have tried most of the obvious things other than shaving, laser and Vaniqa.

Vaniqa's a prescription cream which slows down hair growth for many people, but doesn't stop it, only works as long as you continue applying it, is time-consuming and expensive, and doesn't stop the need to have another method of hair removal.

Laser is often effective, semi-permanent for some people, but only works effectively for people with dark hair and very light skin. Long-term damage to skin is uncertain. Skin discoloration is quite likely.

Which leaves shaving -- and shaving is my own choice.
It also gives the opportunity to assess just how fast your facial hair growth is by measuring how long until you need to shave again.

Once a month? fairly normal for most women (and all sorts of hair removal methods will probably work.

Once a week? that's a heavy growth for a woman -- getting to the stage where some methods of hair removal may not work well

Twice a week? that's getting into the male range for growth of facial hair and you need to start thinking about taking an approach that males might take

Daily/twice daily? that's definitely in the male range and in all probability shaving is going to be the best answer.

My moustache grew in very heavily as a teenager and by the time I was 15 I was shaving it (using my father's Norelco electric shaver) every evening. I'm 50 now and my chin gets as bristly as my moustache, but shaving still takes about a minute a day. And I still use a Norelco men's electric shaver -- one of the top of the range models nowadays.

To me, shaving is the simple answer -- a minute each morning and you can get on with life.

I think a lot of the arguments you hear against it really amount to an attempt to deny that the facial hair is there. To me, it's simple. I didn't choose it this way, but I have moustache growth and also a certain amount of beard growth on my chin. That's how I refer to it, because that's what it is. And I deal with it in the way that most other people who have such growth (albeit most of them are males) deal with it.

It really hasn't hindered me in life -- I've got a great husband and kids. In our family it's simply a fact that dad, mom and the older boys all shave. No big fuss about it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.453 sec, (2)