CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: --answer--The Devil--

west4 Views: 1,722
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,446,177

Re: --answer--The Devil--

OK. I thought this was a serious discussion which I will now end with what you yourself said three months ago where you agree with what I said today. Remember, if you tell people what God is going to do and you are wrong, God may hold you accountable. Here it is. Your words not mine. Maybe I should start a new thread so that people can see and it is not buried so deep here.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1381020#i

Correction-I was Wrong----(this is the title of your post)

Hi west4,

Your question: The entire book of Revelation is full of symbolism, so could the beast, false prophet, and lake of fire represent other things too?

Revelation 20:10 says, 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

So the beast and the false prophet are then going to be tormented forever just like the devil?

The beast must be the one talked about in Revelation 13:1,2
1And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion.

Obviously no such creature has or will ever exist as described.

And Revelation 13:7.8
7He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.[b]

Just like the beast must represent something so is the false prophet and the lake of fire and brimstone. I would say the lake of fire and brimstone probably represents destruction just like you said Gehenna did.

So there are a few problems with believing that the devil is going to be punished forever. Because if we believe Rev 20:10 to be literal then we must believe that the beast and the false prophet which must by exclusion represent some kind of man made entities are going to be punished forever too along with the devil since they all are mentioned in the same sentence.

Answer: It has just been revealed to me that I was wrong in my 1st reply to you in some of the answers !

I shall try to clarify where I was Wrong?

This quote: Revelation 20:10 says, 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The word Tormented may not be a correct usage of word?

The Strong's Exhaustive Concordance references Tormented to reference 928 which may carry the meaning of: pain, toil, torment, toss or vex.

So the question may be which of these words may Best fit in this context?

For this let us look at some other scriptures.

Matthew 8:12, 22:13, 25:30 where they may be cast into outer Darkness !

Then we come to Revelations 20: 3 And cast him(Satan) into the bottomless pit, and shut him up

This does not mention anything about Torrmented forever and ever !

When we look at God's Grace and Love, even Satan is considered by God and what would it accomplish for God to Torment Satan and those whom have rejected him?

Thus it may be Better to use the words toil, toss or vex in outer Darkness or in the Bottomless pit, instead of Tormented?

What God is going to do is to remove Satan and those whom are Followers of Satan's ways from those whom have choosen God as their King, may we say?

My original thought that Satan and his devils would be Tormented forever and ever as Revelation states in 20:10 in the King James Bible may be False when one considers the Transualtion of the word Tormented in this context !

Now to the Beast or the Beast Power: What is it or who is it?

If we consider it has Power over everyone, it is an Enity(Government) World Government?

Kinda like a welfare state that so many folks may have grown to be part of???????

How can a Government be thrown in to a Fire?????????????

The Beast may be Opposite of God's Rule !!!!!!!!!!

Thus the Beast system may be done away with and we shall live under God's rule !

Thus it would be Impossible for the Beast to be Tormented forever and ever !

So you are correct that it may be symbolic !

The Beast is not the people, but the enity of Power of a Government over the people, which is against God ! !

Again your comment: And Revelation 13:7.8
7He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.[b]

Just like the beast must represent something so is the false prophet and the lake of fire and brimstone. I would say the lake of fire and brimstone probably represents destruction just like you said Gehenna did.

So there are a few problems with believing that the devil is going to be punished forever. Because if we believe Rev 20:10 to be literal then we must believe that the beast and the false prophet which must by exclusion represent some kind of man made entities are going to be punished forever too along with the devil since they all are mentioned in the same sentence.

Answer: You may be correct !

It is easy for one to become deceived when we Fail to consider the Full context and God's Love for all of mankind !

Cause and Effect !

Smile Tis your choice.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.422 sec, (3)