After searching for cures on different forums, found someone who recommended Very Private PH Balanced Body Wash. Said she had symptoms until use of the body wash. She'd also been told she may not adapt to soap well (was told this after or before the wash, I'm not sure). I've found reviewers from Amazon.com all had happy outcomes.
- Body wash arived on Friday, June 19th, 2009
- Did a full body wash with a new set of exfoliating gloves (I'm sure any washcloth will do, just try to make sure it is soap free) on Saturday morning after my usual morning excersize routine. No change of fishy, musky odor or discharge throughout the day.
- Washed genital area (as well as rest of my body of course) Sunday morning with little change to symptoms.
- Went to work on Monday, with a slight atmosphere of humidity, and noticed a faint fishy odor after using the bathroom. It was distinct but not strong.
- Washed body, genital area after work.
- By 1:00 pm that same Monday afternoon, the smell was gone.
- Today is Wed of the same week. After using the body wash, I have not had any symptons whatsoever. I've found I can go an entire day without worrying.
I have aslo found suggestions of non-fragrant soap. I'll be trying that since the body wash comes in a container that is not tiny but not quite a medium sized bottle, 6 ounces, and is expensive ($14.95).