I am a 28 yr. old women and I have not had a period in over 3 mos.
After a series of tests, my doctor says that I am not ovualting (or have not within 10 days of the test), my estrogen level is so high it's suppressing the follicle stimulating hormone (?) and that my progesterone level is that of a pre-menopausal women. I have just started a regimine of Provera (5mg x 10 days). After that, she'd like me to start on a low estrogen birth control pill (Orthocept?).
1. Is this an indication polyscystic ovaries? (I am losing hair and have gained 25 lbs in the last 4 months, but my male hormones are WNL)
2. Am I pre or perimenopausal (?)
3. Will I have to continue taking Provera to get a period? (My husband and I am not that interested in having children.)
4. After 10 days, should I expect a really heavy period?
5. Why do I continue to feel that twisting pain I used to get when I ovualted? I continue to get the egg white discharge also, which puzzles me. I thought for sure I'd have a period by now!
I am overweight, but my doctor doesn't feel I am significantly so. I have always had periods here and there, but the longest I've been without one has been 52 days, and more recently 90 days.