CureZone   Log On   Join
Saw Palmetto for Unwanted Facial Hair

Herbal tinctures and supplements
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
More
lisamorrison12 Views: 6,355
Published: 14 years ago

Saw Palmetto for Unwanted Facial Hair

I posted this message already on the female facial hair forum, but want to copy it here because it relates to PCOS.

I have been struggling with hormone problems since I went on the pill 9 years ago. I went off the pill quickly, but the damage was done. I have all of the symptoms of PCOS except acne, although I have never been formally diagnosed. I used to have a lot of dark, black hair on my chin. Way more than I could pluck so I have been shaving it. It was so bad that I got a 5:00 shadow just like men, and even right after shaving you could see the dark hair just beneath my pale skin. I did some research and found a testimonial regarding Saw Palmetto. I bought some at my local Vitamin Shoppe. I picked Solaray's 580 mg capsules because they are certified organic. I was concerned that this is typically a male supplement used for prostrate support, but as you other ladies can imagine, I was desperate. I started with 1 capsule per day in the mornings and noticed that the growth was slowing so that I didn't get the 5:00 shadow. This occurred fairly quickly, within 2 weeks. So then I increased the dose to see if I could get rid of the hair by taking a second capsule in the evenings. After the 1st or 2nd day of increasing the dose, I took out my tweezers and pulled those suckers out -- ouch!! I am very happy to report that my chin is now almost hair-free just one week after going to two capsules per day. I have a few stragglers that I plan to pull out as needed. I read several places on curezone that once the hair starts to grow it is difficult to stop. Now I know that this is NOT true. I had dark black, coarse hair on my chin, and it's gone as far as I can tell. I don't know if the plucking hastened the process as compared to shaving. My bottle is marked $32.49 (and I think I probably got a discount off of that price). It's well worth it to get rid of the hair. I also want to mention that I have been taking some alkalizing drops as well, and that these alkalizers have done wonders with my hormones. For the past three months I have had regular, on time periods, something I have never in my life had before. So if you try the Saw Palmetto and it doesn't work, you might need to alkalize as well. Also, I am very heavy, 240 pounds, so if you are smaller you may not need as large a dose of the Saw Palmetto. If you are on other supplements or medication, please note that the alleged effect of Saw Palmetto is to neutralize estrogen, as is found in estrogen dominance.

Good luck getting rid of the unwanted hair! Please, please, try this if you are suffering. I know how you feel and how unfeminine it is to have a beard. I would love to hear if it works for anyone else.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.531 sec, (2)