Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Mighty.Sun.Tzu Views: 1,371
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,433,710

Breaking the Fast

Hi Princeton,

"For several days and even today, when I take a walk or do a light exercise I smell a scent in coming from my lungs similar to alcohol or Windex, the household window cleaner, from what I have read from this forum I believe my body is cleansing and something is being excreted from my lungs, but I would like to know if anyone knows what it is. I am just curious."

I believe you may be smelling your "ketosis" which is more commonly described as smelling like acetone.  When i fasted 14 days, my girlfriend at the time thought my liver was rotting away.   Thankfully it wasn't.

"When ending a 40 day fast, can a few of the experienced fasters who have gone 40 days and above write out a generalized schedule of what to eat for how long?  "I understand that I should eat raw fruit and fruit juices in the beginning, but how much longer would I have to eat it compared to a 10 day fast or a 20 day fast?"

I haven't gone 40 days but the days of easing out of your fast are in proportion to the number of days you have fasted anyway. The very best food you could break your fast with (at least in my strongly held opinion) is fresh, live, raw juice.  This is by far the most digestively simple food you could introduce to your long slumbering digestive system which needs to be very gently and gradually reawakened and in no way overchallenged... and juice is also exceedingly nutritionally dense at a time when your body really needs this too.  I would recommend at least 5 days with nothing else (except some fresh cooked veggie broth too) and if it was me i would do 10 days (1 day for every 4 days of water) .

After this i would recommend at least 5 days of predominately raw fruits and vegetables (starting with juicy fruits which are the most digestively simple).  I would go at least 80% raw here and would continue to drink juices as well, especially in the earlier days to help ease the transition.  In a 5+5 day program, day 6 should include very little fruit, perhaps 3 pieces all day (and the rest juice).  Day 7 could be double that. Again, if it was me, i would err on the side of caution and do 10 days of fruits and vegetables.  After this you can ease into the other delights of your soul.  For a person with a history of digestive challenges, it would be important to ease out even slower than this.  A lot of people are considerably less conservative than me on this issue including Dr. Shelton , but i read this somewhere and it has served me well.

"That night, I had a small BM that I now believe was the cause of my heartburn. Ever since then, my heartburn has subsided and if it does come back it isn't as severe."

The bm may have had something to do with it, or it may have been that your body was done with the heartburn.  3-4 days seems a pretty normal duration for this symptom when it does arise.  But what impeccable timing .

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.313 sec, (2)