CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: help!! 17 year old with facial edema

bcbutler Views: 3,470
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,408,250

Re: help!! 17 year old with facial edema

I've been dealing with lymphedema in my neck after lymph nodes were removed after thyroid cancer surgeries. I found a physical therapist who specializes in manual lymph drainage light-touch massage for lymphedema for cancer rehab. There are also massage therapists who do it, but insurance would only pay for a physical therapist. I do 45 minutes a day doing the manual massage on myself, possibly forever. You can never cure lymphedema, just control it. I also wore a compression garment on my neck and face for 6 months.

You might check in to see if you can find a physical therapist who can show you how to work on the edema.

Your lymph system is just below the skin, a mesh of nodes that send fluid up to your neck and then there are 2 drains back to your heart. I work on first getting the fluid to move down past my waist - then it goes up an internal set of nodes that are working. You work your way up to your face, getting that to move last.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)