No caffine that I am aware of. I suspect it is very good for candida sufferers...
Here is info from where I got mine:http://www.bulk-essiac-tea.com/essiac-tea-ingredients.html
There is more to essiac just the essiac tea ingredients. While the most effective eight herb essiac formula isn't in the public domain (isn't public information), the eight herbs that make it up are no secret.
Rene Caisse is the woman who first started to spread the word about essiac. Click on the link to read about this woman, and also the history behind the eight essiac tea ingredients that make essiac an effective oral treatment. Keep reading to find out which eight herbs make up our eight herb essiac formula, and also their customary uses. To read more about an individual herb in regards to its use in essiac tea, simply click on the name of the herb.
Blessed Thistle. Blessed thistle is used for digestive problems such as gas, constipation, and upset stomach. This herb is also used to treat liver and gallbladder diseases.
Burdock Root. Burdock root is a mild diuretic. It increases the production of both urine and sweat, potentially making it useful in treating swelling and fever. Burdock root might play a role in preventing liver damage caused by alcohol, chemicals, or medications. The exact reason for this protective effect is not known, but it is thought to involve opposition of a chemical process called oxidation, which occurs in the body as a natural function of metabolism. Although oxidation is a natural process, that doesn't mean it isn't harmful to the body! One result of oxidation is the release of oxygen free radicals, which are chemicals that may suppress immune function. Antioxidants such as burdock may protect body cells from damage caused by oxidation.
Kelp. Kelp is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including: iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. Kelp as a source of iodine assists in making the thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining normal metabolism in all cells of the body. This increases energy levels and helps make it easier to maintain a healthy body weight. Kelp is the most nutrient-dense of all the essiac tea ingredients--and it isn't found in four herb formulas.
Red Clover. Red clover is a source of many valuable nutrients, including: calcium, chromium, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, thiamine, and vitamin C. Red clover is also one of the richest sources of isoflavones (water-soluble chemicals that act like estrogens and are found in many plants). The isoflavones found in red clover have been studied for their effectiveness in treating some forms of cancer. It is thought that the isoflavones prevent the proliferation of cancer cells and that they may even destroy cancer cells.
Sheep Sorrel. Sheep sorrel is a rich source of oxalic acid, sodium, potassium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, beta carotene, and vitamin C. This essiac tea ingredient is a mild diuretic, mild antiseptic, and a mild laxative.
Slippery Elm Bark Slippery elm bark has been used as a poultice for cuts and bruises, and also for aching joints due to gout or other causes. Besides being an essiac tea ingredient, this herb is also used to alleviate sore throats. Slippery elm bark is found in many lozenges that claim to soothe throat irritation. Since a sore throat and a cough are often linked, slippery elm bark has also been used in cough remedies. It also regulates the elimination process of digestion, easing both constipation and diarrhea.
Turkish Rhubarb Root. This detoxifying herb is world-famous for its healing properties. Rhubarb root purges the body of bile, parasites, and stagnating food in the gut by stimulating the gall duct to expel toxic waste matter. It has been shown to alleviate chronic liver problems by cleansing the liver. Rhubarb root improves digestion and helps regulate the appetite. It has also been shown to help heal ulcers, alleviate disorders of the spleen and colon, relieve constipation, and help heal hemorrhoids and bleeding in the upper digestive tract.
Watercress. High in Vitamin C, watercress is used as a general tonic, and its bitter taste is thought to regulate the appetite and improve digestion. It can be used to alleviate nervous conditions, constipation, and liver disorders. Watercress is a popular cough and bronchitis remedy. It contains a remarkable substance called rhein, which appears to inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria in the intestines. It is believed that rhein is also effective against Candida albicans (yeast infection), fever and inflammation, and pain.
Interested in purchasing the essiac tea ingredients and trying to discover the ratio to mix essiac yourself? No need to bother.
At bulk-essiac-tea.com, we have done all the hard work for you. Because we ship so many hundreds of pounds of herbs per week, we've managed to arrange volume discounts when we buy our essiac tea ingredients. We've also perfected our process of mixing our essiac so it's as efficient and high-quality as possible. It's what we DO, and at the risk of sounding pompous, we've become mighty good at it!
It's highly doubtful that you could save money buying the eight herbs individually and mixing them yourself--herbs cost much more when you don't purchase them in massive bulk quantities like we do. We get our herbs from a number of different companies to find the highest quality herbs at the lowest price, and just the shipping charge alone would cost you quite a bit if you wanted to order the eight essiac tea ingredients yourself. Of course, the reality is that the eight herb essiac formula isn't available to the public anyway, for fear that it might be exploited by money-hungry marketers.
Click on the link to see our prices for pre-mixed, ready-to-use essiac.
Disclaimer: Essiac is not FDA tested and has not been FDA approved as a treatment or cure for any health problem, including cancer. We do not represent it as such on this site. You must determine whether essiac is a treatment method you should pursue. We have provided accounts and descriptions that represent the opinions of a variety of experts in the alternative treatment world as well as actual users of essiac. We believe that our formula is the most effective essiac formula being sold in the world, and that our essiac tea ingredients are of the highest quality. However, we do not endorse anything on this site as medical fact.
(edit) I found a list of claims for the stuff:
1. Prevents the buildup of excess fatty deposits in artery walls, heart, kidney and liver.
2. Regulates cholesterol levels by transforming sugar and fat into energy.
3. Destroys parasites in the digestive system and throughout the body.
4. Counteracts the effects of aluminum, lead and mercury poisoning.
5. Strengthens and improves the functioning of muscles, organs and tissues.
6. Makes bones, joints, ligaments, lungs, and membranes strong and flexible, and therefore less vulnerable to stress or stress injuries.
7. Nourishes and stimulates the brain and nervous system.
8. Promotes the absorption of fluids in the tissues.
9. Removes toxic accumulations in the fat, lymph, bone marrow, bladder, and alimentary canals.
10. Neutralizes acids, absorbs toxins in the bowel, and eliminates both.
11. Clears the respiratory channels by dissolving and expelling mucus.
12. Relieves the liver of its burden of detoxification by converting fatty toxins into water-soluble substances that can then be easily eliminated through the kidneys.
13. Assists the liver to produce lecithin, which forms part of the myelin sheath, a white fatty material that encloses nerve fibers.
14. Reduces, perhaps eliminates, heavy metal deposits in tissues (especially those surrounding the joints) to reduce inflammation and stiffness.
15. Improves the functions of the pancreas and spleen by increasing the effectiveness of insulin.
16. Purifies the blood.
17. Increases red cell production, and keeps them from rupturing.
18. Increases the body's ability to utilize oxygen by raising the oxygen level in the tissue cells.
19. Maintains the balance between potassium and sodium within the body so that the fluid inside and outside each cell is regulated; in this way, cells are nourished with nutrients and are also cleansed properly.
20. Converts calcium and potassium oxalates into a harmless form by making them solvent in the urine. Regulates the amount of oxalic acid delivered to the kidneys, thus reducing the risk of stone formation in the gall bladder, kidneys, or urinary tract.
21. Protects against toxins entering the brain.
22. Protects the body against radiation and X-rays.
23. Relieves pain.
24. Speeds up wound healing by regenerating the damaged area.
25. Increases the production of antibodies like lymphocytes and T-cells in the thymus gland, which is the defender of our immune system.
26. Protects the cells against free radicals.
27. Increases the appetite for healthful foods.
28. Decreases sugar cravings due to better blood sugar control.
29. Increases energy available.
30. Boosts mood and leads to an improved sense of well being.
0.531 sec, (6)