CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: how much water is normal to be able to take in?

Views: 1,964
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 141,779

Re: how much water is normal to be able to take in?

This brings back a memory of when I underwent a lengthy hospital stay as a pre-teenager. The Antibiotics I had to take after surgery caused constipation and a couple of squeeze-bottle chemical enemas didn't do much.

Then one night, an older nurse came up to my bed with one of the "tin can" enema apparatus used in the days before disposbles. She explained what she was going to do, let me insert the rectal pipe by myself, and handed me the shut-off valve so I could control things.

The warmed water wasn't nearly as hard to take as the bottled chemicals, and my nurse didn't pressure me to hurry. I don't remember feeling any pressure or discomfort, but she told me I took must of the can, (I couldn't have weighed more than 75 pounds at the time), and when I did expel, what seemed like a huge amount of pent-up garbage came out.

I slept and felt a lot better during the rest of my recovery, which included two more warm, mild enemas. I can't understand why anyone would corrupt 30 feet of his/her digestive system with chemicals when a gentle bath is easliy given to the last three feet.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.656 sec, (1)