So, for some reason it didn't take years for me to beat this. I kept a really positive attitude and as soon as I actually stuck to a diet, I seemed to do ok! I progressively got better, but I have been symptom free for about two weeks. I know I might still not be in the clear, but I am going to keep up the diet and everything else for a bit longer so I don't go backwards.
I have had candida ever since I can remember, although I didn't know it was candida. I also had leaky gut from having candida for so long. This is what I did:
1. Changed my diet. I followed the diet that everyone recommends. However, there were some days I ate corn chips or potato chips. Other than that, I ate vegetables, I juiced vegetables everyday, hummus, beans, pumpkin seeds, brown rice, eggs and that was about it. Also, there was one night I went out and drank vodka, but I avoided alcohol the rest of the time.
Juicing: I juiced lemons, tomatoes, kale, broccoli, cucumbers, celery, cabbage, spinach and other veggies. I did not juice carrots or any fruits because of the sugars.
2. I took Humaworm. I still have about 4-5 days on this, but I feel amazing. And.... I had parasites. Who knew!
3. I did the psyllium and Bentonite shakes. I am still going to do this until the ingredients run out.
4. I ate a lot of coconut oil. I put it in my tea, I cooked vegetables with it and I tried to add it in anywhere I could.
5. I took chlorella and goldenseal supplements.
6. Most of all, I kept a positive attitude and didn't focus on my sickness but kept telling myself I was healthy!
7. I exercised more.
8. I drank a TON of water. I think this makes a huge difference.
9. I did everything to keep my bowels moving... gross, but I think this really makes a difference. I ate about a 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds each day. I added flax seeds to everything (don't cook them). I took castor oil. I did salt water flushes about 1-2 times a week. And water... lots and lots of water.
10. Lemons! Add lemons to your water. They are supposed to help with alkalizing your body.
11. I took the Micro Flora supplements from New Chapter. They are kind of expensive, but I trust this company and this product. I took three pills a day on an empty stomach.
12. Pau D'Arco Tea... drank it and loved it. I added a teaspoon of coconut oil once in while. Yum.
13. Boys stop reading here: I had a problem with yeast infections. I tried boric acid for 30 days. I used it in the morning and then used an acidophilus pill at night. I have suffered with these for years, and they are gone! Wooo hoooo.....
I think I did all of this in about 2-3 months. There is hope. Also, this might not work for everyone, and different techniques might work for you. But... it worked for me. I don't plan on going off my diet or changing any of this any time soon because I want to continue to stay healthy.