MMS uses chlorine dioxide as an oxidizer. Hydrogen peroxide in my opinon is a much safer oxidizer and is more effective. Chlorine is actually a rather poor oxidizer. Reports in the Journal of Health form the 50s for example reported in one yaer over 80,000 cases of hepatitis transmission in chorinated drinking water. The chlorine compound used to "disinfect" water is chlorine dioxide. This is is why the more powerful oxidizers, such as ozone and potassium permaganate, are also used in water treatment these days since chlorine will not destroy many viruses in the presence of organic matter.
Here is a list of common oxidizers in order of strength:
Hydroxyl radical (OH)
Hydrogen peroxide is not only stronger as an oxidizer, but it also breaks down in to water and oxygen. So no toxic byproducts are formed and no chlorine is involved, which may react with organic compounds forming carcinogens (trihalomethanes), and can interfere with thyroid function.
Here is some information on the dangers of chlorine dioxide, which is used to chlorinate public water supplies.
I still feel that the safest oxidizers for health are ozone and hydrogen peroxide as long as they are used properly.