CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Scabies madness

melmc Views: 22,872
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,357,319

Re: Scabies madness

OK... relax. Please.
My son complained of "bug bites" on his legs. Hmm. it's winter. He has alergies, so I didn't think much of it. Until my hands broke out in an itchy rash. It was spreading. I went to my dermatologist because I was going to Mexico on a missions trip in a few days. He looked at my rash and didn't think it was scabies. I didn't care. I insisted that he prescride permethrin so I could use it before my trip.
I treated my family. Upon my reurn we treated ourselves again. (I was sure that I still was infected.)
Over 3 weeks we treated ourselves 3 times. I still wasn't convinced we were cured. So I went to the internet and investigated. Tea tree oil! That would be my savior!
We took tea tree baths twice a day. I washed everything in detergent, borax, and tea tree oil. Covered my couch and mattresses in plastic. Washed bedding EVERY day, never wearing the same thing twice. Vaccuumed. sprayed my whole house with enzymes...
Still, I was finding "suspicious" spots on my kids and myself. Meanwhile developing a nasty rash on the back of my legs.
I finally went to another Dr. In tears! Defeated!!
he told me to STOP EVERYTHING! GEt my skin healthy. Guess what! The itching stopped! The rashes went away. It is totally possible that we never had scabies to begin with. Yes, we had an itchy , weird rash.... If we did have scabies, then the permethrin and cleaning cured it.
Don't go through what I went through. Washing everything EVERY DAY for weeks on end. Tea tree baths that poisoned our skin. Listen to your Dr. Be patient.
We ar back to normal. We may have had scabies. But I suspect that my mind made it SO MUCH WORSE! It was gone long before I realized it!
SO relax. It is SO temporary. YOu will get rid of these things.
Blessings!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.297 sec, (1)