CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Best twin gear juicer?

lipohanny Views: 1,202
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 133,836

Re: Best twin gear juicer?

Congrats with your new juicer
I have been using the Green Life 2000 juicer (now Green Star) for the last 4 1/2 years and very happy with it.
However, right this very moment I am utterly disappointed as the polymer ring on the male part of the Twin Gear has cracked, and crumbled off, damaging the female part as well in the split second that it took me to turn of the juicer when I heard a strange clanky noise.
My warranty runs out in July 2006.

Asking the representative about this damage and my warranty on it, I was told this is wear and tear damage and not covered. I am shocked mostly because I have not used the machine excessively, not overused, abused or misused. For the price tag on this juicer, this type of wear and tear damage should not happen. To me it appears that the material for that ring is not suitable/strong enough to handle light normal use. I hate to think how often this damage occurs then if you juice for a family. On closer inspection I discovered at least one other hairline fracture or crack in this white part.

Any others encountered this same problem, and how was it dealt with: warranty or did you have to purchase a new Twin Gear?

Hannah

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

2.875 sec, (1)