CureZone   Log On   Join
Bromine in the environment

summerhaunt Views: 1,372
Published: 11 years ago

Bromine in the environment

Trapper, just FYI ...

Christmas Eve, we had my teen son's Science teacher and family over for homemade pizza (they're good family friends). Alex, my son, and he are always doing weird Science experiments when school lets out. I casually mentioned how maybe my sister and I may have gotten our health problems from exposure to something when we were growing up, and I specifically mentioned bromine. Alex piped up and said Kansas City is naturally high in bromine (that's where we grew up). I asked him how he knew that, and he said they talked about it in chemistry class ... they'd been doing some experiment that made bromine gas as a side product. And our Science teacher friend heard our conversation and confirmed it. Makes one wonder if all those years we played in the dirt and ran around barefoot we might have been poisoning ourselves. Or maybe what we were growing in the garden might have been sucking up some of the bromine, then getting into us when we ate our veggies. Might explain where some of your bromine came from since you're near the area. Or who knows what else we might have been exposed to. We did have an awful lot of 5- and 7-leaf clover in the front yard ... clover is highly sensitive to mutation. Yeah, and occasional 4-leaf clover, but it was easier finding a greater number of leaves than the 4!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.344 sec, (1)