CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Happy Holidays

Sparque Views: 3,284
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,328,518

Re: Happy Holidays

I always get a boost when i see your replies. They make me think outside of my immediate issues and make my tiny brain expand. You reminded me of one of my first students, who, as she was frequently told, was a nice girl, not too bright, and she should remain good so some guy would want her. Then, she will become a mother, keep a good house and strive to keep her husband happy.
Well, I introduced her to art, had her look at different art books, styles, etc. Then I gave her a little camera and said, "show me your world, the good, the bad, the important, unimportant, etc." Well, she came back the next week, with some pictures that were just amazing. The composition, angles, view, all that. In just a few still pictures, she spoke volumes. This little assignment got her excited, thinking that maybe she did have a talent.
Well, I said bye to her, since she was off to high school. And she emailed me recently, with news that just made my brain explode. She was in an arts/media program in her high school, and fell in love with cinematography. Her hope is to make documentary films, to show the world ways to improve the lives of those less fortunate. Maybe my little munchkin will change the world, thanks to a little camera I gave to her years ago. She still in love with the arts and college. While she was never far from my thoughts, your post reminded me of her growth, and her new view of life.
Thank you, you do keep me centered.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.857 sec, (1)