CureZone   Log On   Join
uh oh, filling/crown came off

happydog Views: 8,121
Published: 10 years ago

uh oh, filling/crown came off

I would appreciate any advice. I got all my Amalgams out about 3 years ago and replaced with Diamondlite. Yesterday a few small pieces came off and I thought great now I have to go in and get a filling replaced. But today the whole rest of it came off and it seems to be a thin shell looking material that surrounded and conformed to the tooth shape, going up to the gumline, like a tooth shaped M&M candy shell. Does that sound like a crown? It appears to have just been glued to the tooth, there's no metal involved, and it seems to have broken in several pieces.

I'd like to know which it is because if it's just a filling I can go to a local dentist to get another one. But if it's a crown I should probably go to the dentist who put it on, and he's a 5 hour drive away and a lot more expensive biologic dentist. Or is a crown a fairly simple thing to repair?

This is a back molar, the last one on the top. It feels like there's about half the natural tooth left and it's pretty craggy feeling, although it doesn't hurt at all. I don't guess I could just leave it alone and pray it spontaneously heals itself can I. Oh man, I hate to go to the dentist again!

Any advice would be pathetically appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (1)