Thanks for the info. After the cleaning my cat didn't have any dental problems other than the typical tarter and a little gingivitis requiring no further treatment. That's really good news because she is about 14 years old, pretty good!
Yes, the Poinsettia is a low toxic plant, my cat evidently was hypersentive to it. She was attracted to the plant for some reason, after we removed it she jumped up on the coffee table where it was, sniffing around. She definately got a toxic allergic reaction from it because as soon as we removed it, she was perfectly fine!!
The vet who told me the plant was the problem, said, this is not unusual with cats during the holidays.
I'm very happy to pay for the initial exam and the dental cleaning, just not all the unessessary drugs and procedures like x-rays, putting a scope down her throat, etc., that did nothimg to help my cat, just hurt my wallet.