when my son was about seven we went to a seemingly pristine lake about 100 miles from our home and he developed an uncontrollable " itch". I didn't get it, nor did my then 60 something mother...he was beside himself...went to a local pharmacy and they gave him , i think cammomile lotion and said it was a parasite from ducks, also that salt water was good, so we went down to the ocean ( minutes away, and that didn't help...a nurse on the beach said he was having a reaction and to get him Benadril, so i did and
it put him to sleep, when he woke the itch was gone.
the pharmacist had said the parasite would just die once they bore in, but this doesn't make sense to me now that I've been reading all the info on the worms.
Do you think those parasites actually just bore in?