CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thank you Jaymz. That is very kind & thoughtful of you to say so.N/M

chirontherainbowbridge Views: 5,780
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,290,523

Re: Thank you Jaymz. That is very kind & thoughtful of you to say so.N/M

flattery is the imitation of sincerity imv.

Note that flattery behaves as something other than genuine regard -- and genuine regard does not enthrone, or declare one worth more than another: nor continue to feed the other, as if s/he were a beggar starving for scraps of appreciation. This is a big trap that the unwary often fall into, and flattery is a form of goading to 'assist' them on their way. Most times those involved aren't fully aware of what they are doing, but nevertheless, there's a certain thrill the ego gets from it all, which is why these dramas run so long, with their interludes of humiliation and apology and then more flattery!

The purpose of anonymity in moderating must have made itself clear by now:
"no praise, no blame." No undue focus on a person and their "worth".

Your 'worth' Chris, as a contributing member of this forum has not been in question, yet you appear to be needing more and more assurances of your value, since becoming mod.

I look and watch, and I see a lot of subtle undermining of this forum, passing itself off as 'cheerfulness' and intermittent flattery, that looks to be mostly strategy.
The flatterer makes himself indispensable and innocent, and gets to watch all the uproar.

This long moderator drama is all a bit too much like ordinary Samsara,(which is basically all about attack and defense, and the strategies these continually necessitate) and not enough about *either* water or fasting.

My two cents. Isn't it time we moved on, 'fasted' say, from the cult of the personality (and its warring nature) and stopped the drama?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.125 sec, (1)