CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: how I cooks them :-)

wombat Views: 1,838
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,275,790

Re: how I cooks them :-)

ooohhh, I'm there. I'm all over squash soup. You need squash recipes? I make squash souffle. squash casserole. squash burritos, squash quesadillas, fried squash, stir-fried squash, steamed squash, sauteed squash, squash marinara, squash soup, squash bread, and squash muffins.
I'm up to my ass in squash. Crookneck, pattypan, black beauty, space ship, some weird french(fray-unch)long trailing zucchini. Had a hard freeze this week-end, and I am so grateful, because my infinitely thrifty and obsessive husband would be covering those plants til January.
As it is, I have lots and lots to process and freeze. and eat. and eat. and eat. and eat. Some varieties store well. *sigh*
Sad thing is that we lost the tomatoes. (except, of course, the 50 or so lbs that can be laid out on newspapers til they're ripe). And then I'll cook those and freeze.
*sigh*

Would you like me to send you some organically-grown squash? please? that is, if I can sneak it out of the house. These squash are like my husband's babies, he finds it difficult to part with them.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.469 sec, (1)