CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Derivatives for dummies(this dummy)

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
An105bodies Views: 886
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,266,765

Re: Derivatives for dummies(this dummy)

a derivative is a contract that purpose is to counter act (or hedge) a risk.

This is the first financial contract (like a futures contract, which is a form of an option} that has no instrument (ie stock, bond, as in options pig bellies, corn as in futures)or real commodity that it is tied to- Innstead it is tied to the perceived risk of the fluctutation of any of the above or interest rate movements.

Many of the large financial firms that dealt in credit, and bonds (interest rates are used to stimulate capital- lowering the interest rates- or slow down an inflationary economy as in raising interest rates) used hedges.

Then the hedges were bought and put into a "mutual fund format" and this funds were used to hedge portfolios as a risk - just in case things went "the other way", remember it doesn't matter which way, just the other way from which you are betting.

This is something I know

Yes one thing

There are people tha t know a great deal more about finances and financing than I do, ywt, the average literate financial followers could've and did predict the way things are going. Why did they allow the speculative splurges in the economy- first the stock market then the real estate market?

Are they greedy, yes well probably so, but is there a larger picture that would motivate even higher players to take down the structur ein place?

I say it is about tie, it wasn't working

But what is next?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.547 sec, (1)