Medicine has indeed made great strides in the advancement of their treatments such as in surgical techniques, diagnostics, trauma/emergency, anesthesia, and so on, but this is on a par with closing the barn door AFTER the horse has already bolted.
These medical treatments/therapies are only in existence because of the failure of the general population in taking responsibility for their own health, where healthy living habits and lifestyles would prevent the most common diseases that are presently crippling the UK's National Health (Disease) Service. The general perception of the man in the street, is that he can just pop a pill and his health/disease problems will evaporate as if by magic.
If western medicine adopted a more preventative and prophylactic approach to health, instead of the current medical paradigm of the management of disease and its symptoms, then we would all be the healthier for it, and where the cost of health care generally is on the way to bankrupting the United States of America.
Despite the trillions of $$$ spent on health care and medical treatments within that country, the USA is ranked as 37th in the World, where the #1 country represents the healthiest.
In addition, the number of iatrogenic deaths within the United States amounts to close on 200,000 people annually.
So this is the "SUCCESS" of modern medicine that you refer to and a reflection/statement on their great strides forward over the last 100 years.
You have a lot to learn it seems.
"J. Anthony Morris, a vaccine expert formerly of the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration, who testified in Congress about all vaccines, including the polio one. Dr Morris opened his foot thick files to us. Here is what we found there and among other books, notably Immunization: The Reality Behind the Myth by Walene James (Bergin & Garvey, 670 Amherst Road, South Hadley, Massachusetts 01075).
There are genuine questions that the vaccine may not be wholly responsible for wiping out polio. More than any other, this particular vaccine is pointed to with pride by every government as definitive proof that mass vaccination programmes work. The US government uses as evidence the fact that during the plague years of polio, 20,000-30,000 cases per year occurred in America, compared to 20-30 cases a year today. But in just one of the instances James points out in her book, Dr Bernard Greenberg, head of Department of Biostatistics of the University of North Carolina School of Public Health, testified that polio increased substantially after the introduction of mass immunization by 50 per cent between 1957 and 1958 and 80 per cent from 1958 to 1959, even though statistics were manipulated to give the opposite impression.
A member of the North Carolina Health Department attempted to extol the virtues of the vaccine in helping to cause cases to decrease from 1953-57 until it was pointed out to him that vaccinations were given in mass numbers until 1956, when the cases of polio then began going up!"
"In July 2002, the National Academy of Science Institute of Medicine (IOM) Immunization Safety Committee convened a study into SV40 and cancer which culminated in a report published in October 2002. According to the IOM report “SV40 Contamination of Polio Vaccine and Cancer”:
The committee concludes that the biological evidence is strong that SV40 is a transforming [i.e., cancer-causing] virus, . . . that the biological evidence is of moderate strength that SV40 exposure could lead to cancer in humans under natural conditions, [and] that the biological evidence is of moderate strength that SV40 exposure from the polio vaccine is related to SV40 infection in humans."
Source: Simian Virus 40 (SV40): A Cancer Causing Monkey Virus from FDA-Approved Vaccines, as excerpted in the article "The Creation and Production of the Polio Vaccines"published in the mainstream publication NewScience and previously published in the Albany Law Journal of Science & Technology, Volume 13, Number 3, 2003 - complete with 83 references from mainstream sources.!!"
#4. 20 Reasons Not To Take The Small Pox Vaccination..........
1. George W. Bush has said of smallpox vaccination: "One of my concerns if we were to have universal vaccination, some might lose their life." ~The Times (in London), November 09, 2001.
2. For each million people vaccinated with the smallpox vaccine, as many as 250 could die, according to the American Medical Association. Multiply 250 times 285 (millions of Americans) and the possible deaths from universal smallpox vaccination could equal 71,250. ~ Journal of the American Medical Association, June 9, 1999, Vol. 281, No. 22, p. 2132.
3. "The American Medical Association said on Tuesday it was not in favor of an immediate mass U. S. smallpox vaccination program, saying the potential threat of a bioterror attack did not warrant inoculating every American against the disease." ~Reuters, December 12, 2001.
4. "Right now the risk of getting the vaccine is higher than the benefit. You could get a secondary infection, a full-blown systemic infection." ~Marie Rau, Panhandle Health District nurse, quoted by The Spokesman-Review, November 20, 2001.
5. CDC director Jeffrey Koplan has admitted that universal smallpox vaccination could unleash a significant number of side-effects. He said that because many parts of ourpopulation do not have a"robust immune system," a fair number of people could have serious reactions. ~Koplan speaking on the PBS special "Bioterror Propaganda" aired by WETA, November 14, 2001.
6. If the entire nation were to receive a smallpox vaccine, several thousand people would likely develop encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain. ~Washington Post, Dec. 26, 2001.
7. Roger J. Pomerantz, chief of the infectious disease department at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, said that doctors have no idea what the smallpox vaccine might do to people at the extremes of life--less than 2 and older than 65. He said that an even greater concern would be its effect on people with weakened immune systems from HIV infection, chemotherapy or transplants. ~Washington Post, Dec. 26, 2001.
8. "Researchers have been reluctant to recommend a new vaccination program which would use the smallpox vaccine for the local population because the vaccine can cause disease and death in persons with inadequate immune systems." ~Science, Vol. 277, July 18, 1997, pp. 312-13.
9. Routine smallpox vaccination in the United States ended in 1972. Officials are hesitant to resume the immunizations because the vaccine is the most reactive of all and has been linked to serious side effects, including death. ~ Reuters, November 29, 2001.
10. Eight printed pages of medical studies documenting the many serious side effects of smallpox vaccination can be obtained at.............
See "smallpox vaccine adverse reactions 66-76." [Note: go to the home page above and put "smallpox vaccine adverse reaction" in the search engine.] Repercussions include serious brain and heart diseases, autism, abnormal chromosomal changes, diabetes, various cancers and leukemias, plus demyelination of nerve tissue years after vaccination.
11. The U. S. Supreme Court has ruled that vaccination must not be forced on persons whose physical condition would make such vaccination "cruel and inhuman." In other words, the state has no right to command that an individual sacrifice his life in the name of public health. ~Jacobsen V. Massachusettes, 197 U. S. 11 (1905).
12. By the 1920s, several British medical researchers documented that smallpox was not only more common among the VACCINATED, but that the DEATH RATE from smallpox was actually higher among those who had been vaccinated. This indicates that the vaccine was ineffective and predisposed vaccinated persons to more lethal disease. ~Vaccination, Dr. Viera Scheibner, Australia, 1993, pp. 205-220. 13. Getting a vaccination does not guarantee immunity. ~CDC, January 28, 1994.
14. By 1987, scientific evidence indicated that the World Health Organization's 13-year global smallpox vaccination campaign may have awakened dormant HIV infection in many vaccinees. ~Times (in London) May 11,
15. Vaccines made from animal substrate contain animal viruses that are impossible to filter out. By 1961, scientists discovered that animal viruses in vaccines, including smallpox, could act as a carcinogen when given to mice in combination with cancer-causing chemicals, even in amounts too small to induce tumors alone. They concluded that vaccine viruses function as a catalyst for tumor production. ~Science, December 15, 1961.
16. Some of the new smallpox vaccine doses will be created with animal substrate. Because the vaccine will incorporate vaccinia, the cowpox virus, many wonder about possible mad-cow contamination. Fifty-five million doses of the new vaccine will be created using a cell line dating back to 1966 and cultured from the lung tissues of an aborted human fetus. ~World Net Daily, December 4, 2001.
17. The new smallpox vaccine will be genetically engineered. Many scientists believe that genetically engineered vaccines may be responsible for the global epidemic of auto-immune disease and neurological dysfunction. ~American College of Rheumatology, annual meeting, Nov. 8-12, 1998. Merck's genetically engineered hepatitis B vaccine, Recombivax HB, is a classic example. According to Dr. Bonnie Dunbar of Baylor College of Medicine, many thousands of reported adverse reactions to the hepatitis B vaccine include: chronic fatigue, neurological disorders, Rheumatoid Arthritis , lupus and MS-like disease. ~Testimony of Dr. Dunbar to Texas Dept. of Health, March 12, 1999. Over 15,000 French citizens sued the French government to stop mandatory hepatitis B injections for school children because of resulting auto-immune diseases. ~Science, July 31, 1998. Dr. John Classen has published voluminous data showing that the hepatitis B and other vaccines are closely linked to the developme! nt of insulin dependent diabetes. ~Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice, October 22, 1997.
18. The British vaccine manufacturer Medeva has a horrendous record of contamination and blunders. In 2000, the FDA found that Medeva was making vaccines in conditions of filth, resulting in contaminated products. Medeva had been illegally using bovine medium to culture its polio vaccines, then lied about it. Medeva also used the blood of a Creutzfeldt-Jakob victim (mad cow) to manufacture 83,000 doses of polio vaccine used for (against?) Irish children. Nevertheless, the FDA allowed the USA to accept Medeva's flu vaccine (Fluvirin) for the year 2000. ~London Observer series: October
19. In 2001, the British socialized health care system was reported to be in a state of collapse, with many hospitals and labs operating in abysmal filth. Five thousand people die each year from infections contracted in British hospitals; 10,000 become deathly ill from such infections. Sterilization procedures are barely adequate and said to be risking the spread of mad cow disease. Government ministers are reportedly trying to hush up the scandal. ~www. itn. co. uk/ Jan 06, 2001; The Sunday Times of London, November 12, 2001.
20. The U. S. government apparently intends to conduct NO double blind studies on the safety and efficacy of the new smallpox vaccine. It has ordered 286 million doses, one for every man, woman and child in America at a cost of $428 million. At least half of this vaccine will be delivered by Acambis PLC of great Britain.
My own tip: Keep all vaccine needles away from your body!
By the way hamo, wikipedia has been proven to be an unreliable source of information as anyone can just pop in and change the text if they so desire and is therefore not considered by most authorities to be trustworthy.
(That is like saying a mason does not build walls because he needs bricks. Again to increase muscle mass and protein in the muscle, you need to exercize and you need to eat protein of course. But Just eating protein will not do it. You need both.)
this quote of yours is only reiterating what I said in my previous post and this will be my final word on the matter, despite any replies.................
The body needs external sources of protein (amino acids) for repair, maintenance and growth, and not just the 14 amino acids that are manufactured by the body itself, and where exercise will demand a greater need for protein for these purposes. This is why body-builders require extra protein to build muscle-mass, hence the need for supplementation as inadequate sources of protein can be had from the diet.
Yes you do need both: exercise and protein, but it is the exercise regimen that will create a greater need for it.