We must take care of our hair properly.Hair must be kept clean and free of dust always. Regular head bath after massaging the scalp with almond or amla oil is necessary. Massaging the scalp increases blood circulation and helps proper growth of hair. The hair oil of shampoo to be used should ve selected carefully. Nourishing foods like milk, eggs, vegetables should be taken regularly. Good sleep and regular habits go along way in preserving the health of the hair. Hair driers should should be avoided.
Premature greying of hair in teenegars is a disease condition. The main causes for this condition are
- Carelessness in maintenance of hair
- Vitamins deficiency
- Use of certain hair oils and shampoos
- Mental stress
Homeopathy treatment : In homeopathic system, the following treatment is suggested for premature greying of hair :-
- Acid phos 30
- Lycopodium 30
Home remedies for treating grey hair:
- Eat foods rich in iodine such as banana, carrots and fish.
- Drink butter milk with a 2 teaspoons each of yeast and wheat germ will prevent and cure premature greying of hair.
- Grate some fresh ginger. Mix with honey and place it in a jar. Eat 1 tea spoon everyday.
- Rub oil made with Indian gooseberry ( Amla ) into the scalp regularly. It can show wonderful results, your gray hair will turn black.
- Every morning take palak juice and eat 10 curry leaves which works excellently, even the existing grey hair turn black from the roots.
- Eat foods rich in iron, minerals and vitamin A and B.
a) Vitamin A - vitamin A is necessary for promoting a healthy scalp and gives body and glow to your hair. Include dark green vegetables and orange & yellow fruits & vegetables in your diet.
b) Vitamin B - vitamin B regulates the secretion of oil, keeps hair healthy & moisturized. Eat more of fresh green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, cauliflower, cereals, liver kidney, yogurt, bananas and green vegetables.
c) Minerals - minerals like zinc, iron & copper promote healthy hair. Food sources: zinc - red meat, chicken & green vegetables; iron - beef, dried apricots, red meat, parsley, eggs, wheat & sunflower seeds; copper - seafood, egg yolk & whole grains.
d) Proteins - consuming more of protein gives your hair natural shine and good texture. Include more of sprouted whole grains, cereals, meat and soy in your diet.