CureZone   Log On   Join
A week on from my 29 day fast...

chirontherainbowbridge Views: 1,368
Published: 14 years ago

A week on from my 29 day fast...

Basically, I don't feel good. My eyes have been sore and swollen in the area above the inner corners, burning at the outer corners, itching and sticky, and when I touch these swollen areas, they weep. It feels like a lymph, kidney or liver issue.

I was fairly regularly spitting out salty mucous in small amounts over the last four (?)or so days of the fast--that probably should have alerted me that I needed to let THAT run its course, but I started to feel just so weak and disgusted by my own taste, and weakness. I was also a bit worried about simply taking care of the basics.

I feel more and more that what's happening now is detox that didn't get completed, and can't really get 'in gear'. Yesterday I had a sore throat, very sore and stiff back of neck (in vertebrae)and tenderness/swelling below the ears. (salivary glands? lymph nodes?) I generally look like crap, and feel low, both depleted and yet lacking in any real pleasure in eating. One foot in two worlds. Enjoyed my carrot/beet celery, cucumber ginger juice yesterday, I suppose, at least the concept of it seemed good :-) and some rapini and a small amount of salmon last night, but I'm longing to feel some sense of normalcy. It's discouraging that I look and feel almost worse than I did fasting. As if I'm now just plain sick, whereas fasting was at least an *important* process. I guess I feel like I messed up, somehow.

Yes, I have more energy than when fasting, but I'm feeling hounded by the thought that I'm not going to feel better until I do another fast. Could that be?

Thus far today I've had lemon in water and later two prunes. Was thinking to get some Watermelon soon, if it looks good, or juice a green apple and some carrot. Maybe make some mushroom soup tonight with rice milk. BMs are good. Two-three times a day now, and well formed. My sleeping is still all over the place. feel awake at night, bed at 3;00 and up at 2:00 today!!!! I'm trying to get into some good habits like early rising...but seem to lack spirit.

My big nagging question: will I likely have to go through another long fast just to get to where I am now, and then 'complete' the thing, or does it sound as though soon I could maybe do about ten days, and get good results? Feeling quite confused, as you might be able to tell.

Any wise words? PS I feel very sorry not to be able to put forth encouraging and exciting news. I'd hoped to be a good example.

best,
Chiron

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.828 sec, (2)