CureZone   Log On   Join
At least we know we are not alone

hanna Views: 3,229
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 124,649

At least we know we are not alone

I strongly agree with anja on this ...

I'm not an experienced faster and the extent of my fasting has been just 1 day here and there. But I do feel 120 days is pretty extreme and quite possibly dangerous. I think even these 30 day fasts that seem to be the current "fad" are pretty extreme and should only be done in the case of serious illness where a juice-diet can be beneficial. Otherwise, I think a week-long fast once in a while should be more than sufficient for general "cleansing", maintenence, and "resting" for the body! ... or even just 1 day each week.

But, on the other hand, if you do manage to make it to 120 days, then what reason would there be to STOP? 4 months is a long time to go on just juices and liquids, and if you make it that long and aren't having any apparent deficiencies or anything and seem to be healthy, strong, energetic, feeling good, etc, then to me that would kind of indicate the possibility of maintaining that kind of diet indefinately! ... but if it were me I would definately mix in some other things in the diet, such as ground flax seed, some kind of oils, celtic or himalayan salt, bee pollen, maybe some powdered carob, and some other things along those lines. And if I made it to 120 days and was considering extending it indefinately, I would probably consider getting a medical examination at that point, and periodically from then on, at least for the first year, just to make sure no deficiencies are "creeping up on me" or whatever...

But that's just my thoughts...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.439 sec, (1)