CureZone   Log On   Join
Just got diagnosed w/ celiac

sparque Views: 2,566
Published: 13 years ago

Just got diagnosed w/ celiac

Well, I just got my diagnosis a couple of weeks ago. Guess the doc grew tired of my being anemic, even with iron supplements. So the scope went a hunting and he took a biopsy of my small intestine. Sure enough, celiac. Guess it has been going on for quite awhile, I was getting more and more bloated, yet not gaining weight. Feeling more and more tired, even with enough sleep. Feeling just this side of sick, most of the time...achy, stiff, etc. Also, I'm hoping this will help eliminate or reduce my depression.
So now I'm on g/f foods, doing the best I can to make sure no gluten goes in, and wierd, I do feel better, but I've been told it can take months to years for the body to heal. I hope that is an exageration and it will only be a few days. I see the dietician in a couple of weeks, so then I can find out more. But for now, no milk either...not sure why, but I'm going to follow orders.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.750 sec, (1)