CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: This stuff looks interesting...

Clark Bowel Cleanse
Dr. Hulda Clarkís Bowel Program (Intestinal Cleanse). Pure product...

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
More
seattle Views: 1,336
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,244,086

Re: This stuff looks interesting...

hmm... are you going to order this? if you do, please let us know how it works for you. looks very interesting, and i just read a little bit of Science behind it, too. also check this out: ELICINA snail cream. same dealio, i think.

interestingly, i was taking mederma for my surgical scars. mederma has allantoin, which the above products have, and it worked really well for me. i didn't want to put it on my lips, though, since i don't want to find out whether i'm allergic to it. (too much pain for me!) might work for others, however.

also, i did more research on ceramides and the stratum corneum. my theory now is that, i have a damaged SC, and what i need to do is repair it. most moisturizers and other topicals just sit on top of our layer of dead skin to try to keep the moisture from evaporating quickly, whether the moisturizer is an occlusive, humectant or something else. i think we'd need to repair the lipid barrier, which is deeper down. on normal skin, the moisture that gets to the surface of our skin is distributed from deeper down, and the ceramides & other fatty acids help keep this moisture from evaporating. (kind of like how your meibomian glands--a type of sebaceous gland--keep the water in your eyes from evaporating so that you don't get gritty, burning dry eyes.)

so... a damaged Stratum Corneum impairs this important function. a damaged SC also makes you more vulnerable to viral & fungal attacks, plus a host of other skin disorders. so, looks like the best thing to do is repair our damaged SC somehow, maybe enzymatically (like this product suggests), rather than slathering your lips with moisturizers to mask the problem.

another thing: corticosteroids have been shown to disturb the integrity of our lipid barrier. so, maybe it works in the short-term, maybe even Not work, but it just does more harm than good in the Long term.

some research here:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/119397993/PDFSTART?CRETRY...

let us know if you're going to try that bioskin cream and how it works out for you.

peace!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.719 sec, (2)