CureZone   Log On   Join
Who do you consider a true warrior?

Quinta_Essentia Views: 1,768
Published: 13 years ago

Who do you consider a true warrior?

I am interested in who peole think is a true warrior. by true warrior i mean one who fought valiantly against dark forces to defend the helpless and to establish the kingdom of light. thinking of poeple like MLK or mandela or the prophets, etc.

i recently have been reading about Voltaire's human rights crusade which he took up later in life. he stood up against the catholic church, which was the most powerful institution on earth at that time. he defended a poor family named Calas whose father had been executed by the church in a sham trial, then the church was trying to confiscate their property. Voltaire began a letter writing campaign to nobles, statesmen and politicains everywhere, raising the alarms about this naked theft of property and simple case of murder.

he also paid his own money to publish and market a book that denounced the church in this matter and defended the Calas family. the book was confiscated and burned by officials all over europe, but people still found a way to get their hands on it and many read it. the furor that Voltaire raised caused such a ruckus and such an outcry that the Church was forced to back down, and eventually the family won a complete post humous rehabilitation. they also won a financial settlement from the king. it was one of the first times the Catholic church was beat down by such a campaign. it was also the beginning of the reformation of the french penal system.

so Volatire was a real warrior.

i am particularly interested in people not well know. we all know about MLK or Jesus, but i would love it if people could educate me about someone obscure or not well known who was a true warrior. thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.344 sec, (1)