CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Qigong?

shortangle2 Views: 5,718
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,219,308

Re: Qigong?

Very interesting stuff. thanks Jonsher.

Jfh, I've not tried this particular meditation practice, but at various times I've practiced yoga. I'm naturally stretchy so it always looks like I've been doing it for long time (kidding, kidding).

This sounds very much like a variation on the more meditative part of yoga. Actually, it may sound kind of scary to "bring up" all the bad stuff but your brain will control what happens there. Our psychological processes are there to protect us from overload and works most of the time for most of us. You don't have to focus on such stuff when you're meditating if you don't want to and you can always simply re-direct your thoughts. Personally, I tend to think about nature: ocean, beach, mountains, whatever. I can't see why there'd be any reason your childhood trauma's would suddenly surface, despite what you read.

I think this looks interesting, if for no other reason, I tend to find this sort of thing relaxing. I'm not pitching it, I've never tried this particular practice but in general, it sounds like most Eastern practices. Nothing scary. Your mind and body control it.

If you ever are interested, I'm sure in Austin it would be easy to find places for this. It's basically a college town at heart. If you're ever motivated, you also might try the recreation department. I've taken numerous yoga classes through mine and they're much cheaper, usually.

Anyway, that's my .02 cents.

Oh I just remembered, I was just going to add that if you ignore the woo woo, about which I understand, and just use it for your reasons such practices are helpful. (stretching is good too, you can get a good beginner yoga dvd for not much money)

Hope this helps.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.750 sec, (1)