CureZone   Log On   Join
strange happenings...

Clark Bowel Cleanse
Dr. Hulda Clarkís Bowel Program (Intestinal Cleanse). Pure product...

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
More
seattle Views: 2,802
Published: 13 years ago

strange happenings...

you guys already know i'm allergic to many chemicals, right? (lol!) anyhoo, i had a severe allergic reaction over 2 weeks ago that sent to emergency! stupid me tried to dye my hair again (dye was supposed to be vegetable-based, no ppd, no ammonia, blahblahblah), but i ended up at the hospital. i was an oozing, swollen mess with hyper-hives! my eyes were swollen shut. i was given steroid fluids for my head. i went to the hospital twice in one week.

now, about the EC...

on my 2nd visit to the hospital, i was given H1 & H2 blockers for my hives & itchiness, plus prednisone (steroid) to help with the inflammation of my skin. on the first day of use, my skin began to look like dried up mud & started to flake off like Crazy! (currently, my whole head is still flaking off like madness, and i'll probably endure this for another week.) but the old skin on my face is done shedding, and underneath is new skin -- this includes my lips! right now i have fragile, baby-like skin on my face. i have not put Anything on my skin and my lips except for Avene paraben & fragrance-free lotion, plus this most amazing lip balm that is not beeswax-based, the Only lip balm i could find without beeswax.

btw: this ER doc who gave me prednisone told me that derms should not have their patients slather on steroid creams on any part of their face because it will make matters worse in the long run. dang -- where was he before?

let me tell you, just last week, it hurt to bite into a burger, smile or talk because because my lips & face would split and bleed -- it was Agonizing! but you know, i've been agonizing over my EC for about 13 years now.

so maybe you could ask your doctor for a limited prescriiption for prednisone, and maybe H1 & H2 blockers (for hives, inflammation & eczema). also, try simply keeping your lips moisturized with a safe lip balm that has no artificial flavors, dyes, preservatives , lanolin, petroleum, sunscreen (SPF) or beeswax. i Finally found one, and i Highly recommend it! it will not irritate the most sensitive skin, like mine. it's called ECO LIPS BeeFree lip balm. i bought mine at Whole Foods.

hope this helps! i'm Sooo happy my lips are normal right now -- no flaking, no oozing, no itchiness, no dryness, no turning white & peeling off when it comes into contact with water. one thing, though: i haven't worn lipstick in 3 weeks, but i'm dying to wear some soon. lordy, i just hope that won't cut the happiness of my lips short!

please try this, and let me know whether your lips start giving you love!

Seattle (birthplace of Grunge, Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks & Sex Ed - Yeah!)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.563 sec, (2)